What's the latest on "The Danni X-Files&qu...

by Bendrr 91 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Danny,

I wondered what happen to you. I have missed your comments on the board. Seeing your post made me feel good. I have missed my friend.

Take care and give Terry a hug for me.

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Mommy,

I will check it out.

Well...I guess you didn't see my last post to teejay before you made to gentleman comment. I feel bad for making such a post but a person can only take so much crap and then they have to say something. Maybe I'll go back to being a gentleman tomorrow.

Big hug Mommy,

Dave

• mommy
    mommy

Dave,
    I saw it, and I still stand by it. There is only so far you can extend yourself trying to understand someone when you just have to throw your hands in the air and call it a day. You even said you feel bad about doing it, I believe you. Often times I have gotten involved with posters here and I actually feel dirty afterwards, if that makes sense. It is more that I am mad at myself, that I allowed myself to even go that low with them.

As far as this debate between you and teejay I really did not read all of it. I have been trying really hard to stay away from these types of threads. Some think they need the last word, and vindication, I am not saying teejay or you are doing that. But sometimes it is best to just let them have the last word. You lose no credibility by letting them rant alone.
    Big hugs right back at ya
    wendy

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Dave,

At any point in your life, if you stop feeling, stop allowing room for believing (either privately or openly) -- well, anyone acquainted with you will lose.

Perhaps this round was a learning lesson - and don't we all have them. You've handled it remarkably well - which is a lesson for others reading this. Thank you.

I read the first 4 pages of the "Danni File" -- guess it deterioriated after that. Personally? I didn't buy all of it - so I didn't participate. No big deal - as you said - it could have been true too.

It's a fine line to allow room for others and be careful at the same time. For those who choose to continue to walk that line, in spite of being hurt, it is a marvelous achievement. Congratulations.

Stick by RedHorseWoman - she's a walking wonder of sorts.

waiting

• teejay
    teejay

Dave, my boy, you're beginning to make me wonder.

Reread my comment to bendrr. Notice any "we"s or "us"es? Notice any reference to you? Danni is a symptom is what I was saying. What's so hard for you to understand? "Patting myself on the back"? "Blowing my own horn"? You're joking, of course. I was not accused of harboring pedophiles like some were who were critical of Danni's story. What the hell?

Let me make it as simple for you as I can. If one has any interest in the truth of the matter all they need do is go to http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=19406&site=3 and read where [b]I said three times[b] that I believed her story. Oh, but that fact doesn't fit in with the allegations you've made against me here, does it?

How was I any more clever than you or anyone else? Some said outright that they thought the story was bullshit, but for some reason I don't feel they are "smarter" than me anymore than I feel "smarter" than you. The main difference between you and several of the others on the one hand and Friday, Mindchild, detective, plmkrzy, Pork Chop and others on the other hand is that we didn't buy it hook line and sinker. Were the dissenters smarter? No. Just dissenting. See the difference?

So, you're pissed now? With *me*? Well, I can live with that. Somehow I feel I will do just fine thank you very much, but you know what? Don't misplace your being pissed on those who have no need to do the only reasonable thing you could have done in this thread—admit to being wrong. Sometimes all one can do is punt and that's what you did. You punted. Nice job of punting, I'll admit, but that's all it is.

Sometimes the facts become overwhelming and a refusal to admit to a mistake becomes so glaringly obvious that, well, one's reputation tends to take a hit. Still, some refuse to do what you've done so you deserve credit. Others said some rather cruel things in that thread and they haven't shown their faces here with words of "I'm sorry" or even a generic "Hey, I was wrong." Jump on me all you want, Dave. It won't erase history. Follow your friend's lead and call me names if that makes you happy. Whatever.

The reason for the Brooklyn bridge scenario is that someone characterized Danni (or whoever) as "sick." I saw that as simply a continuation of shifting the blame for what happened. Danni isn't sick as far as I can see... just more clever than some, is all. But like I told bendrr, those kinds of people have no power if one keeps an open mind and resist the urge to vilify the Society at the drop of a hat. Until that happens, people are going to be easy targets for what you would call "sick" people over and over again. The choice is ours, is all I was saying. We don't HAVE TO be fooled like that.

Get over your damn insecurities and get in touch with Alan and stop playing us all as a bunch of fools. If this is all a hoax to cause problems on this board you have done your best in adding to those problems. My trying to understand you and your insecurities is over. Deal with your problem like an adult and quit using this issue for you own agenda.
    For one, I have no insecurities--none--relative to the Danni episode and I challenge you, being the gentleman you are, to live up to your words and provide proof. Till then, I think you've made enough unfair and baseless allegations for now.

2. I have no interest or need in getting in touch with Alan. He called me a name and the ball is in his court. Despite what you may think, Alan's names don't hurt any more than other names that have been hurled at me. Alan is Alan and being condescending is what he does. Like I said earlier (you probably missed it), my respect for the man has grown—I don't have a problem admitting that—but I don't consider him a very respectful fellow when it comes to the opinions of those he deems "under" him or those who have a different viewpoint. I don't have a problem with that, either, but I'd rather not have that kind of man on my list of friends.

3. To refresh everyone's memory, it wasn't teejay that played you for a fool. I think that's *really* what's eating you—Danni played you for a fool and got away with it. Deal with it, big fella.

4. My "agenda" here is to help people see that the problem isn't Dave and isn't Danni and isn't Darryl or some faceless "sicko." The problem that resulted behind the Danni fiasco exists in the minds of some of the people reading these words and until they realize that fact they are in trouble. Period. Does that make me smarter than ANYONE? No. I *do* have a quirk in my personality though were I learn from my mistakes and don't shift the blame for my own acts/mistakes.

We all know you didn't believe it and we all know that your feelings were hurt because big bad Alan F called you a twit. We are all standing in a semi circle giving you a little golf clap for being the most skeptical person on the board. You can stop standing on your damn soap box screaming out "I told you so."

You need to get a grip, Dave. "We all know"? Is that anything like your knowing what you knew about Danni? If I were you, I'd be vewwwy vewwwy suspicious of what I "knew".

That's enough for now. I could comment on some of the other foolishness you brought up but I'll let it go. I'm not your enemy. My opinion of you hasn't changed (either for better or worse) from a long time ago although you've been unreasonable and unfair to me here. No biggee.

Peace,
    tj

• SixofNine
  • seven006
    seven006

Teejay my boy!

I'm done with your game. Grow up!

I will no longer comment to you or about you. Get a grip yourself. You can add me to your huge list of people who do not like you. As you have said before, you just don't care.

This is my last response to any self-serving nonsense you whine about!
    I'm done with you.

The end

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

Waiting,

Your comments are very well appreciated and respected by me. I am no different from anyone else who tries to do the best they can with what they have to work with.

As far as redhorseywoman, I have always had the utmost respect for her and she is one of my favorite people to play with. Her and I are both mods on another board. She loves to give me shit and we have a lot of fun. She is indeed a very special person.

Take care,

Dave

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Dave,
    You still have the one hundred million points plus some. No sense beating a dead horse. But we all reach the end of our rope sometimes and lash out!!
    If I wasn't happily married myself, you certainly would be on my list of "wanna' get to know ya's". Ditto what Mommy said!!
    Hugs,
    TW

• flower
    flower

this is nauseating..just when i started to feel more comfortable trusting people.

you cant trust anyone anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit