Considered rebellious because I choose to think for myself

by LovelyEunie 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hello, and welcome!

What have you got planned for your life? Further education, an apprenticeship, work in a field you like? It's important to have goals, so that you can begin a life outside the family home and not have to put up with further JW brainwashing.

• LovelyEunie
    LovelyEunie

@Broken Promises, I'm already enrolled in college for next month in a practical work field by today's standards, and should be pretty fun for me since I like technology. I honestly can't wait to start a life from home, and if I could have I would've stayed on campus but my mom wasn't having that, I wouldn't have been able to accompany her to the KH (Ick.). I'd rather stay in a dorm room if it gets me out of going to that place since she won't just take a hint when I try to tell her I don't like it...

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

LovelyEunie-- That is so great that you are going to collage!!!

NLW's wife

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

My wife and I (both born-ins) were once devout dubs. But then I accidentally uncovered the 1914 prophecy bullshit and soon realized it was all just a sham. Within five years, my wife and I were disfellowshipped - not for our actions, but for our thinking. We didn't believe as they did. And they disfellowshipped us on those grounds.

So, yeah, I guess we were considered rebellious.

Welcome to a life of thought-freedom! Best of luck on your journey!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

There is more to my story but, what wanted to know is, were there any of you guys who were labelled as having a rebellious spirit because you chose to do your thinking on your own and chose your freedom over having the WTS telling you what you're allowed to think or do when it comes to your life?

Yes, absolutely. I believe my free thinking personality was why it took decades for me to be appointed a MS and I believe it is the reason I'm being shunned even though I'm merely inactive.

Be thankful you figured it out at 18. There are a lot of people like me who were stuck in for decades. Ah well, better late then never. Good luck to you!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

welcome,

and i hope my teenagers are as smart as you, and as 'independant' as you.

I think it is such a shame that all those like you, who left as young ones are always labelled as rebels, when truth be known all you were was a thinker.

oz

• LovelyEunie
    LovelyEunie

@AussieOz; it is a shame, isn't it? They had a right to choose to be a part of the WTS, and I have a right to choose not to be a part of it. I shouldn't have to be ostrasized because i don't agree with their teachings, but then again that's how the JWs work. You're just automatically a bad person if you don't agree with their "truth". News Flash: Not everybody is agoing to agree with it, and to everyboady that chose to leave behind that life, they should just realize that that is what they chose to do and they should move on with their lives instead of making it a point to show the world how wrong we are for making that choice and how better our lives would be if we just come back to Jehovah.

Free thinking is a gift from God, not a curse. Maybe they will wise up on that fact one day.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

I was the good little JW kid, did what I was supposed to, wasted too many years of my life before I finally "woke up" to the truth. I'm not the type to get into trouble, so they can't call me rebellious.

Instead, they call me "proud".

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

welcome, I am still rebellious....... Join the Revolution, its fun

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

That is the way with being a Jehovah’s Witness, if you get to the age where you want to use the gray matter in your skull, then the elders say your “Running ahead” or your Being Disobedient to your parents or those Taking Lead in the congregation . If you don’t have the time to go from door to door because youur providing for your family or going to some kind of school, or if you’re a father or mother with kids and come home from work so friggen tired that you just flop on the lazy boy, rather than hurry up and get ready for the meeting to listen some stupid shit elder, tell you all the things you’re not doing that is going to provoke the elders of the congregation to chastise you ninety five times or provoke god to turn you into Bird Food.

So, think for yourself my friend, trust me; If everyone is thinking alike" No One is thinking at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit