Emptying the cupboards of litter-ature?

by Marilyn 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I'm wondering how many of you took a while to gather up the courage to dispose of your cupboard loads of Watchtowers and Awakes, that you'd stored away for........safe keeping????

We probably hung on to ours for a few months and then we burned them. There was a tinge of apprehension about it, but it was generally a very satisfying activity.

Marilyn

• jenleesey
    jenleesey

hi marilyn....i have held on to my books even after a year and a half of being "out"..i even still to this day have a stack of watchtower and awakes i havent thrown away yet. I guess im a procrastinator....i dont want to throw my books out quite yet...i might throw out the poor garbage mans back ;)
    jen

• ballistic
    ballistic

I gave away several boxes of books including bound volumes on the basis I had the CD, although I regret getting rid of some older books. I recently bought studies in the scriptures - divine plan of the ages in a second hand book shop though for practically nothing. It's the book with that lovely pull out section about the pyramids and the plan of time.

• Mutz
    Mutz

I dumped my Watchtower stuff in a couple of huge boxes in the loft. I have the cd and kep the Kingdom Interlinear (which is always handy for pointing out errors) and a few other non WTS Bible related books that I have bought over the years.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

No way!!! I saved them for fire place starters....works real well, burns very slow and hot (they use good wood for their paper).

However, I kept my flock book and my talk outlines, I don't really know why........

“We all fell down from the milky way, hanging around here for the judgement day, heaven only knows who’s in command.”- Jimmy Buffet

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

If it weren’t for my husband holding me back my house would be
    "litter-ature" free.

I was so angry when I first came to my senses and I wanted to celebrate the 4th of July with a huge bonfire with WT literature as the fuel to celebrate my freedom.
    He wouldn't let me!
    He said we would regret it when we wanted to do research to expose their teachings.
    I was all for getting rid of everything except for WT CD library.

We ended up keeping all the books and one copy each of all the mags.
    we had.
    I thoroughly enjoyed throwing all my cassette tapes and the rest of the mags. in a box that sat on the deck that got rained before being hauled to the trash.

Ranchette

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

::::::::::::It's the book with that lovely pull out section about the pyramids and the plan of time.

I am sure my grandparents had this book. I remember it. (just).

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

We have a huge library of wt "stuff", so we haven't gotten rid of any of that yet.

Emptying out the bookbag and not touching it ever again was very liberating. I used to fret over my RV book, to make sure it was organized, up to date. Never again. Yippee. I can't even remember if I turned in any territory I still had. Oh well, not my problem any more.

j2bf

• hippikon
    hippikon

Last time I moved I had over 100kg of WTBTS books alone. Cost me a fortune to ship them. Should have left them behind. But then again we will never run out of toilet paper.

• TR
    TR

Saving some literature is good if you want to research things. In my case, I packed up all the WT books I had and donated them to Freeminds.org. Randy Watters was nice enough to send me a free subscription to his news letter.

I took all of my WT and Awake rags to the dump.

TR

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    --Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit