God Seemed to Write This For Those Disfewllowshipped but Love Him

by Perry 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

aco- To the Perry and Stephens of this world if you are out of step with their Fundamentalism they can't acknowledge your value and contribution to a spiritual awareness and fulfilling life. Notice carefully Perry's mindset of turning off the power of reason and just go along with It. Remind you of the Watchtower Studies we use to go to.

How someone can go from JWism to Fundamentalism is worth a doctoral thesis on how being dupped knows few bounds.

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Wow, I didn't realize what strong feelings I have when hearing (reading) the word "unbeliever". I think that's the first time since stepping out of a KH 2+ years ago, and it literally made me gag and shudder.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Tell me Perry, why does God want to be worshipped? Why does he derive such pleasure from this? Does that not sound a bit egotistical to you?

If it's a matter of just wanting to be appreciated, there are more effective ways of getting it than the use of force, and the threat of eternal annihilation.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Well, way I see it, DFing isn't to be found in the Bible. Even checking the scripture/word index in the NWT reveals this.

The only scriptures in the Bible that talk about shunning are talked about in extreme situations. Remember, the Christian church was very new at the time and Paul and the other apostles were trying to safeguard it. The scriptures that are used by the society to justify df'ing are the ones that Paul and John applied to VERY SPECIFIC instances. It wasn't to be that anyone that had sex outside of marriage was to be shunned. It was those that were trying to actively corrupt the Christian church. They were trying to tell others that it wasn't wrong.

On another note, it is interesting to me when unbelievers get mad for being called unbelievers. Just accept the fact. If you don't believe in the God of the Bible, then you are an unbeliever in regards to the God of the Bible. That's it. No need to take it personally. I'm an unbeliever when it comes to evolution. You can call me an unbeliever, and I'll smile and agree with you.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    How someone can go from JWism to Fundamentalism is worth a doctoral thesis on how being dupped knows few bounds.

How someone can go from JWism to Atheism is worth a doctoral thesis on how being dupped knows few bounds.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Brotherdan:

it is interesting to me when unbelievers get mad for being called unbelievers. Just accept the fact. If you don't believe in the God of the Bible, then you are an unbeliever in regards to the God of the Bible

something you might be missing about "unbelievers" is that there are MANY christians (or believers in general) that don't tote the WT version of god or god of the bible or the bible or anyting UNIQUE to JWs!!. When we are called unbelievers/unchristian/false/etc ad nauseum it is very insulting.

me being one of them LOL

wp

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

I'm a proud unbeliever. which god are you talking about? quezalcoatl or kukulkan?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    that don't tote the WT version of god or god of the bible or the bible or anyting UNIQUE to JWs!!

I don't tolerate the WT version of God either. I don't see how you could justify being a Christian if you don't hold to the Bible though... What would be the point?

• Will Power
    Will Power

BD

How someone can go from JWism to Atheism ?

If you ask a believer (like me - never JW) I think the jump is way smaller than you might realize. The WT makes its living discrediting every other way for a human being to have any spiritual connection with anything other than thru them.

And they'll stop at nothing - misquotes, lying by omission - "there is no PLACE else to go". Even that scripture is buggered in the KH.

wp

• Will Power
    Will Power

Perry:

Psalm 43 brought me some comfort a long time ago.:

Psalm 43 [a]

1 Vindicate me, my God,
    and plead my cause
    against an unfaithful nation.
    Rescue me from those who are
    deceitful and wicked.
    2 You are God my stronghold.