God Seemed to Write This For Those Disfewllowshipped but Love Him

by Perry 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

If you ever felt that you really did love God, but no matter what you did, ended up on the outs with your family and with the Watchtower anyway..... These words have comforted me.

Is. 66

Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest? For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

Romans 8
    And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose ....What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Hmmm, that's nice. Thank you. I have read those words many times and never applied them the way you suggest, but I think they make better sense your way:)

• garyneal
    garyneal

Good post, Perry.

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

hi perry

well said,but what about "my god, my god, why have you forsaken me". the pain you might experienced might be overwheming.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, way I see it, DFing isn't to be found in the Bible. Even checking the scripture/word index in the NWT reveals this.

The nearest I can see to a JC is the trial of Jesus.

This is proof to me and I am 100% convinced, that the JW's are an anti-Christ pyramid business CULT posing as a religion. This is why they use CULT control tactics to keep the R&F in line. Milleu control!

The problem now for them is, the more individuals that get hurt by the anti-Christ cult is the more they will research the reason why - usually on the internet.

I hope this will lead to the ultimate demise of the WTBTS! Oh, but a man can dream!!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Punkofnice, we have the same dream.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Perry ...comforting words....however my problem with those comforting words is that they are typical of the vengful god of the bible (Also typical of his followers) a very negative retribution to the enemy.

Admittadly in this scripture the retribution is only shame. But where is the forgivness?

Acolytes

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Perry ...comforting words....however my problem with those comforting words is that they are typical of the vengful god of the bible (Also typical of his followers) a very negative retribution to the enemy.

Admittadly in this scripture the retribution is only shame. But where is the forgivness?

Acolytes

Excellent points. Forgiveness is key. I also have a problem with the "trembling at my word" bit. This is the Jealous and Insecure God who loves to be feared, the opposite of Love.

It's no wonder JW's act the way they do, they are little clones of their Old Testament Narcissist God.

• Perry
    Perry

Good points from the unbelievers.

As for forgiveness, it is tied up with God's own blood; and more on our level .... the belief in it. We spent an awful lot of time unquestionably believing men, to our own demise. So, it may seem dangerous to unquestionably believe God. Yet, this is what causes success, happiness and victory in life.

After six years of being saved, I have found these words to be absolutely true (something that can only be proven through personal experience) :

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil ...

Furthermore, God places in large part the working out of our destiny in the jurisdiction of our own belief and subsequent confessions of faith, either in God or something else:

Prov. 18: 21

Death and life are in the power of the tongue:

As for the comments regarding "trembling" and other such reccomendations of God; it is funny that this is brought up since I have recently been thinking a lot about this.

My approach to Christianity was of a practical nature at first. I came to the conclusion that everyone I had ever met was a liar. I was lied to during my formative years about God killing everyone in 1975. I was lied to about the generation of 1914. I was lied to about the blood/organ prohibitions of God. I caught my professors in lies at university. Most of the great people we studied about were great liars. I have also found out that much of the global warming nonsense was a lie promoted through the peer review (redaction process) of many scientists. I have learned that acid rain was mostly a lie, as was y2k, the coming of a mini ice age, the extent of AIDS, Darwinism etc.

I have spent much of my life "trembling" at the words of men. God on the other hand, spoke the worlds into existence. He breathes life as he speaks. The immutable character and magnificence of those words that are untainted by sin and duplicity are something to marvel at, and yes, to tremble at the infinite power attached to them.

No doubt about it, God isn't shy about wanting to be worshipped. If a person really wants to know what turns God ON, it is worship based on BELIEF. He really, really gets a lot of pleasure from it. And why shouldn't he? He is absolutely unique, a one-of-a-kind. He is the repository of all possible knowledge that could ever be known in all of eternity. Since God cannot relate to us through knowledge (none is his equal or superior) he relates to us through emotion.

In relationship marketing people are skillfully taught to take the time to identify the prospects hot buttons, to find out what makes them tick so to speak ..... then to speak their language back to them. It is very effective in creating long-term relationships.

Why do we resist giving God the same respect we give others? It just doesn't make sense.

I want something from God and I'm not shy about it either. People should approach God honestly and ask him to supply whatever is lacking to get the relationship going. This is the faith the size of a mustard seed that Jesus said could eventually move mountains.

If you have no faith, then ask God for it. God can make that small faithful request into a mountain. Your personality doesn't need to be extinguished to walk with God, you just need to agree to be # 2 in the relationship.

Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant. -Ps 35: 27.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Perry...Why do you say iam a unbeliver? (That statement was a little judgemental and can only be proven through my personl experience)

Iam glad the words you provided from "god" have comforted you. (Disfellowshipping is something people need comfort from) iam glad other posters have found comfort from those words. Personlly those words arnt for me.

Acolytes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit