2011 Yearbook - "Tracing All Things with Accuracy"

by pirata 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Franklin Massey-

Yes, they do not want to see it. My jw brother told me he has too much vested in the truth to examine or pay attention to any criticism of the slaaaaave (as he says it!) nor does he wish to hear my doubts or questions. He is too afraid he will find something out that he doesn't want to know.

As to how long they can keep up the battle? I guess they will just keep on going and sadly most witnesses will just keep going along with it .

But I would wonder why they felt the need to include that section in the yb instead of giving info about the magazines being printed in Canada for the US instead of here. This makes the US Branch and World Headquarters the only printing branch that does NOT print the w&g!!!!

• VM44
    VM44
    the magazines being printed in Canada for the US instead of here.

What?! That is news to me. When did that happen?

If the magazines for the U.S. are printed in Canada, what do the printing presses at Brooklyn and Patterson print?

(Does Patterson have any printing presses?)

• factfinder
    factfinder

@VM44-

They started printing the magazines for the US at the Canada branch in Sept. 2010. They sold 2 presses from Wallkill and 1 from Canada and purchased a new press for Canada that can print 100,000 magazines an hour. This leaves 3 presses at Wallkill: 2 that each print 90,000 per hour and 1 that prints 70,000 per hour. They also have 2 sheet-fed presses. One is for forms but the other prints 17,000 sheets per hour of covers for the softcover books.

The Canada branch has always printed magazines for other countries but now with the US to print for as well they will need to print around 300 million magazines this year. (Wallkill printed around 266 million magazines last year.) They are running 2 shifts per day on the new press.

The printing and binding operations that were in Brooklyn were consoldated in Wallkill in 2004. They sold the Furman Street building and moved its depts to the Brooklyn printery ( 117 Adams St. Complex).

They added a new printery addition to the one in Wallkill and moved the presses there. They rennovated the existing printery for an all new bindery and storage. The new bindery has two lines: one is a paperback line that combines the 2 from Brooklyn into 1 and can produce about 100,000 books per day.

They sold the hardcover bindery lines that were in Brooklyn (along with the presses, except for the fast sheetfed press for book covers) and bought an automated book line for Wallkill. It is very versatle and can produce 50,000 hard-cover books OR deluxe leather Bibles per day OR 75,000 softcover books per day. So up to 175,000 books can be produced at Wallkill each working day.

Wallkill produces books for the US, Canada and the Carribean. Wallkill also prints the brochures, booklets and tracts and KMs for the US but Canada prints convention programs for the US and some tracts for the US too.

Patterson does not have any presses.

In 2008 book production at Wallkill came to over 28 million of the world wide total of 108.6 million books printed by WT that year. The branch in Germany also produces a large number of books. Books get made also in Brazil, Mexico, England, Japan , South Africa and Australia. The magazines get printed in around 16 branches but no longer in the US. (Seems strange to me!)

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit