What I think the next move is...

by TheJigsUp 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask
    Starting Jan 1st 2012 we will no longer focus on gathering in new sheep. Our focus will be on keeping the flock strong, united and ready for the great day of Armegedon. We know Jehovah's day is near and we need to gear up and prepare for the Great Tribulation. The time is now and we have little time to help others see the truth and save them from sure death....

And then the end of the WTS will be in sight. Not going to happen unless the GB is a bunch of blithering fools.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

NO WAY - there is no way they will risk another 1975 Fiasco all over again. 36 years has passed and there is just no way they will introduce it now we have the internet. It would open them up to incredible ridicule.

• Violia
    Violia

I recall them teaching that the preaching work would change and yes, we would be just going out and telling folks, "times up, sorry, you were warned" I recently was told by someone that it was the nick of time, to hurry. I have to tell you it does creep me out a little. They have often said it was like the days of the flood. It seems to me that according to the Bible Noah and his family went into the ark about 7 days before the flood started.

Found sheep, are they actually saying that in print, for real, that starting Jan 1 2012, we start in safe mode, keep the Borg safe, goodbye cruel world?

• Lion Cask
  • TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

But what if @stillajwelder there's no risk involved? we're talking about a multi billion dollar mind controlling business.

an organization that can one day be seen to own %53.5 of rand shares and the next day be off the books.

I'll go one step further, what if, there was no real religion in the first place? One unimaginably massive social experiment to discover how to control people on a massive scale, right down to convincing people to let their children die, or even ignore people they love dearly out of fear of reprisal.

What if almost everyone involved, even deeply involved has been played? Where even the players have been playing themselves.

And this time, the multimillion dollar rich busnessmen who are likely 'in the know' in some shape or form, call it, and the proverbial **** really does hit the fan?

like i said war is good for the economy, and if there happens to be a war anytime soon, it holds promise to be a real doozie.

Couple that with the fact that the economic problems will start to hurt their income sooner or later, if it isnt already. And them getting their a**es out of the US.

I personally think, whatever the clanger may be, they wont 'drop it' until they finish the move to canada. When they have succesfully hauled a** out of the US, is when i think they will play their card.

Because the way i see the current tone of the literature for the last decade, give or take a few years, points to them gearing up for something that they seem to be concerned the rank and file will have difficulty going along with.

And if the rank and file overall are fine not going into education, shunning people they really do love, letting their children die, and utterly blocking out any negative talk concerning the society itself, etc etc etc... This has got to be an ENORMOUS thing they want commitement on. Whatever it may be.

And if they pull the 'Too Late haw haw preaching' card, with around 7,000,000 people, the consequences would likely result in a self fulfilling prophecy.

Honestly, whether im right or wrong with my conclusion, i still have loved ones in. And it worries me.

It fascinates and frightens me all at the same time.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THEJIGSUP: I like your name. It describes the whole situation. However, I don't see the religion doing what you said - even though I agree their literature always suggested they WOULD do this. In actuality, could you just see them going door to door with the BAD news - when people slammed the doors and didn't want their so-called 'good' news? That would be something to see. No, they have a dilemma. They want to retain current members who are FLEEING and they are trying, in vain, to get new members. I could be wrong, but I would imagine what you suggest would be a bad move for them. Unless they want to retreat into a small compound somewhere. Even though I couldn't care less, it should be interesting.

• Violia
    Violia

The "Ark is closed" preaching work is a very real thing that jws used to teach. I am not sure if they still think that, you know with new light and all, but it certaintly was taught. I recall one convention the speaker mentioning the rumors that the work was over and him saying in a loud voice "No brothers, we still have work to do"( words to that affect). If you look in the old literature you will find support for this teaching. They base it on the story of the flood and what Noah was told to do.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Smaller the group, eazier to control. Think Jonestwon. gb is bat s&*t crazy. No Knorr or Franz to keep the lid on. Think too, there are a lot of loony-tunes out there. How many you got in your kh? A small fanatic group can still bring in money, enough to keep the fat cat gb comfortabl. Especialy if it was down sized. Some of those "good old boys" could be thrown under the bus. Remember what they did to Ray Franz. I look for a fracturing of the wtbts, then a complete overhaul of the leadership. Jig, your thinking is not that far fetched.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I think this would be an interesting developement

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What the Borg needs now is a money maker.

That may or may not entail something that brings in new members. In the past, more people meant more money. But it seems like they really don't care about numbers as much as they do devotion. Yet, the business has to keep running. So maybe they'll pull something that acts both as a loyalty test and gets current members to give up more coin.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another article saying "some brothers have even sold their homes and possessions to pioneer in these last few months leading up to Armageddon" like in the early 1970s.

The rank and file have almost given up asking for donations in the USA and the Borg is feeling the pinch. They need to do something because in this economy the status quo isn't cutting it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit