What I think the next move is...

by TheJigsUp 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

No, I don't think the doors will be closed. More likely the next big move will be some test of faith designed to consolidate the GB's power and frighten the rank and file into submission, coupled with a big drive like what happened just before 1975. Not fewer members, more members.

• tec
    tec

The emphasis on listening to the GB/FDS could also just be damage control - as opposed to preparation for some new announcement. Its harder to keep information locked down today than ever before, due to the internet.

Tammy

• clarity
    clarity

TheJigsUp,

The message that "it's too late now", evidently(tm) is what the big hailstones in Revelation are all about!?

I think the next hoop to jump through will be more of the same ... but to an intolerable degree.

For instance, the GB will emerge from it's relatively foggy and anonymous entity to a blatant monstrosity demanding clear recognition ... that they are in 'fact' the christs!!

Believe it, or ........... die.

clarity

• laverite
    laverite

Hey Jigs,

You wrote: "lets face it the things they do dont have to make sense after all." I agree 100% with you. The thing is though if they do what you suggest they are about to do, the jig will be up for them. It pushes it to a breaking point that it can only go on like that for so long (a few years at most). Also, I agree that the idea is not new.

I'd LOVE it if they did what you are suggesting. Imagine! If the GB really believed it, and made this the new mssg, wow, that would be so cool. That kind of message (you're going to die type message) wouldn't be popular, they'd have TONS of problems, their ranks would ultimately dwindle to crisis point (after all, you can only preach that message for so long).

It would be awesome. But it still makes no sense to me. I know they say that the message will change someday, but if/when they change it, it's the moment of do or die -- either the big A comes or it doesn't. What a gamble. Guess who ends up on the losing end?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

It's the last round in the gun. They daren't use a date again so I think they will do this at some point, but they won't unless their backs are truly against the wall.

• pirata
    pirata

Kind of like when we had the special campaign to distribute the Kingdom New tract "False Religion's End is Near!"?

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

@ laverite and in a way @ mickey mouse

someone posted a thread a short time ago about their options from here on in, and they supposed that the GB either loosen up or become even more fanatical, i found this to be a really interesting thought and i wonder if they will go the way of fanatiscism. I'd be shocked if they didnt really.

taking into account the state of the world economy, lack of growth in countries with money, the move to canada, the clampdowns on education and seeming tightening up on association with DA'd ones (even in light of a lack of serving elders), possible liquidation of assets, the massive amount of info on the internet regarding them, the recent deaths ie shake up of the GB, the unusual rise and RISE in partakers, the seeming beggining of official human rights type campaigns regarding DF'ing, and did i mention the economy. not to mention the general mindset of people inside and outside of the organization nowadays. and the state of the world in general, by which i mean the possibility that economic woes may likely help towards a large scale war anyway. a war would certainly help the economy.

i might wonder if their backs may actually be up against the wall already, or at least very close to being there. Im sure there are more things that i cant think of that add up to odds becoming less in favour of the organization,

I cant help but think they are going to pull a 'move' and i suspect that might be the move they pull.

• kimbo
    kimbo

Sounds like they realise they are loosing control of the flock.

can fool all of people some of the time,

some of the people all of the time .

but you cannot fool all of the people all the time.

• factfinder
    factfinder

But how could they announce such a message now? Then Armageddon does not come of course and they are again exposed as liars, fools and false prophets. They'd be stuck! Would'nt millions of witnesses be stumbled? How could that help them?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Starting Jan 1st 2012 we will no longer focus on gathering in new sheep. Our focus will be on keeping the flock strong, united and ready for the great day of Armegedon. We know Jehovah's day is near and we need to gear up and prepare for the Great Tribulation. The time is now and we have little time to help others see the truth and save them from sure death....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit