"Have you ever been in love?"

by compound complex 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Fabulous when someone loves you back though.

Loz x

• bigmac
    bigmac

you have to be very careful when you're in love-----

-----one slip & you can end up in the shit!!

• Terry
    Terry

Terry

Wouldn't our glands turn off once we are either not able to procreate with someone or pregnancy is undesired? Wouldn't there be a turn off when we realize we don't have a partner to help raise and maintain the survival of offspring? - I wonder why people don't evolve from heartbreak. It is a continual theme in psychology, art and history. Unrequited love doesn't make sense and neither do Romeo & Juliet/West Side Stories. Either we still have further to evolve or there is more to love then glands

Yes. But, you can't waltz down Memory Lane in your musings without stoking the enfeebled embers back to life. Habit is habit after all.

The problem with our Society is the chasing of the 7 second brain rush through glorifying genitals.

If we'd just find something a bit more ennobling to do with our time those urgings would subside like a bad cigarette habit.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It's very hard when you're minding your own business. Content to be single. Involved in your life. Then someone comes along, sees you, does a double take and decides to reach out to you because of loneliness. Then you both fall madly in love, but neither of you is really free to do anything about it. But you cling to that love, because it's really second to none you've ever known. Then eventually, because of that unavailability, you end up more heart broken than you would have if you had just had the strength not to get so involved in the first place.

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

The agonizing highs and lows when you first start falling, coupled with the tingling of your body when you first kiss. It's an amazing rush. Then comes the more steady everyday love. Like being gone for a few hours and then hearing the sound of his voice again. It makes you smile. Or looking at his arms and hands and seeing the complete masculinity of them and suddenly you start wanting to kiss him. The worry when he's a few minutes late that he might be in an accident and you start to cry at the thought of it. The feeling of when that time comes you would rather die first then be left alone with out him. The kindness, sweetness, and thoughtfulness in him that makes you feel so completly lucky and underserving. Why should I be so lucky always goes through my head. Holding his hand when you are walking about and you just feel content. How he can make your feet pop out in a sweat when you are making love. The feeling of freeness to be yourself wholly and knowing you won't be judged. Finding him interesting and wanting to know what he thinks about a subject. Feeling so sexy when you can get him all bothered without taking a stitch of clothes off. Having your biggest supporter and cofindant by your side knowing that he always has your back. Yeah, I've been in love. I'm still there and hope to never leave it.

NLW's wife

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I thought i was once, and married the girl. JW love turns out to be oh so conditional.

several lust relationships later i tried again but just couldnt go down the love road, again the love offered was on condition and on me changing.

Love snuck up on me from a quarter not seen with a girl i had not even thought about.

After 10 years of vowing to never to even live with another, i married.

i really believe i have found love as true as it can be. We compliment each other very well and seldom have a 'fight'. We are both focused on not only achieving our own dreams but on helping each other acheive them too. We both accept each other as we are and no pretense was entered into at the start as to who we are. Because we had already known each other for 4 years prior to any inkling of romance, we pretty much knew all there was to know about each other!

The love in my life now is unlike anything i had experienced in 30 years.

i constantly remeind myself how lucky i am, and know that even if we should one day part, i will cherish this love for the rest of my life.

I will not seek to top it.

oz

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Many many times.And every time,it has been different.Strange emotion,love is.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Yes I have. All levels. Good memories, bad memories, but good experiences.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I consider myself an educated man, logical and practical. But where love is concerned all that goes out the window. From the very first time I felt love I realized i was powerless to resist. i dont even try. I embrace it, I fan it, I let it grow and consume. I enjoy every minute of it, every precious second basking in the glow that comes from a shared connection. When its gone, I dont mourn it.... I enjoy it for what it was and what it brought to the two of us..... not everything in live should be explained. Somethings, like love, should simply be enjoyed

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I would say truly twice. Yeah I've had plenty girls that I like but only two that I truly loved. If you read any of my posts about my story you could read about the one. Then there's the other I'm currently dealing with. A woman at work. We became very close friends to the point where we would share our deepest emotions and feelings and secrets. She was the first person I ever told about how I really feel about the JW's. We got so close but the only problem was that she had a boyfriend. I didn't actually develop those romantic type feelings for her until about a few months ago. Well they just broke up a few weeks ago and so I told her about my feelings. She said she didn't feel the same way. In all reality, it's like getting punched right in the gut. We were able to keep the friendship going at the very least and I told her I would do my best to put my feelings behind me. I can say that all I want but the heart wants what it wants and those feelings are DEFINITELY still there. The worst part about it is that she's always telling me about how guys have done nothing but hurt her in the past. I just wanna say "Hello??? What have I ever done to hurt you? Why don't you at least give me a shot?" I hold back though... because if I say something like that it might hurt the friendship over all. Stupid love...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit