What is difference between Black Congregations and White Congregations

by Pitchess Co-Gen 72 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Some terms, I don't care at all for.

"Reverse discrimination" is okay as a legal term. The majority person/people lose out on an opportunity because of some ruling favoring the minority. But to say that people in a minority are guilty of reverse discrimination because of their racism/prejudice toward the majority, NO.

"White trash" is a term used by white people for unacceptable behavior or lifestyle of white people, also often called "trailer trash." The problem with "white trash" is that it suggests that such behavior would be okay for either black people or foreigners of some kind, but "we" should know better. I never call anyone "white trash" and there is plenty of people in my own family that would fit the bill for that description.

Relating to the posted topic, I heard plenty of whites call someone in the territory "White trash" right in front of their black field service partner.

• minimus
    minimus

Snowbird, I'm happy that you're lighter.

• undercover
    undercover
    Snowbird, I'm happy that you're lighter

She uses Oxy-Clean. It makes your lights lighter and your whites whiter...

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I never understood the whole lighter/darker thing. My kids are mixed Hispanic/Black and have beautiful skin tones, but every time we visit in in laws after a nice summer break of sitting by the swimming pool they always have to comment about them being dark, as if it's a bad thing? I personally love when they get nice and dark and miss it in the winter months:)

• minimus
    minimus

I love my skin when it's tanned too.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Syl, I always imagined you as brown for some reason.

• minimus
    minimus

nope, she's light skinned, my Syl is.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Syl, I always imagined you as brown for some reason.

As a baby, I was so light that my older sister dubbed me "Pink Pete."

My maternal grandma disliked me for that reason.

I used to rub the black soil into my skin so that I would be darker, hoping she would accept me.

Still hurts.

Syl

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I've always felt bad for african americans who feel like that, syl. There are some that are disliked for being too dark. And those that are disliked for being too light. And many times this discrimination comes from other african americans. I've never had any reason to feel uncomfortable in my own skin. So I can only imagine how horrible that must feel...

But we love you, Syl!

• snowbird

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit