Has Feminism Screwed with the current Generation ?

by caliber 60 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

It isn't Feminism per se, but he's discussing the realities of the current situation in the relationships between men and women. I'm more interested in the comments relating to the new dynamics of this day and age. It's quite likely he is mistaken to give it the title or category of Feminism to describe the prevailing thought or idea behind his frustrations.

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Perhaps his frustrations are that modern women don't fit into his antiquated version of what modern woman should be...seen but not heard...

• caliber
    caliber

seen but not heard...
    to assume makes an ass out of u and me
  • zeroday*
    zeroday*

Isn't it...

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

You know how to edit this forum you have the advantage I don't...

• satinka
    satinka

I hear your frustration, caliber. Sorry, but feminism is important and not to be feared, but rather embraced by men. Women can't be expected to live a disempowered life. Feminism is necessary for our growth. And, contrary to some beliefs (like the jws) it is not a threat to real men. It may ultimately benefit men because it will challenge men to grow.

Women are growing emotionally. If men don't grow their emotions also, men and women will only grow apart.

Mr Satinka happens to agree with me on this point. He's a keeper.

satinka

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

You have no idea how wrong you are satinka...modern men want their women emotionally dependent...

• caliber
    caliber

...modern men want their women emotionally dependent
    ... How many scientific surveys have you done to arrive at this brilliant conclusion ?

How many years have you been married ?

Is it wise in your opinion to make such assumptions off the top of your head ?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

The man's allowed his opinion.

anyway, I will always stand by my belief that modern women have caused the demise of marriage.

people are more afraid than ever to get married

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

people are more afraid than ever to get married

Is that a bad thing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit