Does God Keep Time or is Time a Human Construct?

by Band on the Run 52 Replies latest jw friends

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

If I remember correctly, possibly not, Hawkings believed the universe was slowing down. Something which today has been disproven. Either way, things change. "New light" is not something limited to the JWs alone. Science is always moving forward and much of what is believed today will likely be disproved tomorrow.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Band on the Run, I think it is better to find out what time is before speculating about how a God would perceive it. Would love to get into details but right now I'm concentrating on my obsession of a subject.

Villabolo

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask
    If I remember correctly, possibly not, Hawkings believed the universe was slowing down. Something which today has been disproven. Either way, things change. "New light" is not something limited to the JWs alone. Science is always moving forward and much of what is believed today will likely be disproved tomorrow.

You're half right. It was Friedmann who postulated that the universe was expanding sufficiently slowly that at some point or another gravitational attraction would take over causing the expansion to stop and bringing about a gradual collapse of the universe back into a singularity. And then, of course, the Big Bang would happen again and start the whole process all over again. Interesting theory, but Hawking's take on it is much more interesting. And things (Truth) don't change. The understanding of things changes. The difference between "New Light" and the evolution of scientific understanding is the former always comes on when something turns out not to be the Truth after all, and the latter when an exception to an established theory is found and proven. There is a world of difference between the two and they cannot, in all rationality, be equated.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Pearls before swine, Farkel?

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I don't think insulting people are pearls there Lioncask...

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

I agree. I think our friend Farkel has a low tolerance for incompetent thinking, and he takes it to an extreme. He's running out of time, just like the rest of us, but he understands it better than we do and his sense of urgency is different. Crotchety old blister for sure.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Acolytes:

:Farkel... despite your presumed aclaimed popularity on this board....your ratings are going down with your many unjustified, insulting, negative & bullying comments.

That's not an argument that's a rating survey that you presumed to take yourself based upon your opinions. You sir/maam are an idiot for even presuming to say that your statement above has any credibility at all without offering a shred of evidence to support it.

::You are a very rude man, whose style of writting is "Farkel , Farkel. Farkel."........I think a fairy tale topic is Farkels opinion of himself.

I have hundreds of articles on the internet, so you have plenty of evidence to defend yourself. I challenge you to prove that my "style" of writing glorifies ME and please cite at least, well, 30 or 50 articles I have written out of the hundreds of them. Or, be a REAL researcher and cite a few HUNDRED of them because you are so convinced you have made your case against me. If you can't do that, then admit you are the fool who can accuse but who cannot prove up.

Well? Prove up or I will crucify your argument.

:Farkel will continue to post here so he can indulge in his own fantasis.

No, I don't do that. I can actually actually SPELL where I don't do my indulgences. I believe you meant "fantasies", but I could be wrong. You may be more stupid that I give you credit for being.

:If my comments of Farkel are offensive to him or the mods.Why is Farkel allowed to call people by the F... word. insult and belittle people.

I didn't do that in this thread, and by the way, you never offered ONE single argument rebutting my arguments, you ignorant stupid little twit.

Farkel

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Your comments speak for themselves. Regardless of the content of your posts, your attitude is strikingly childish. When people are reduced to projecting derisive comments onto others, it is usually because they are impoverished of spirit. It is sad.

• Farkel
    Farkel

band on the run,

:Your comments speak for themselves. Regardless of the content of your posts, your attitude is strikingly childish. When people are reduced to projecting derisive comments onto others, it is usually because they are impoverished of spirit. It is sad.

So basically, you are saying offer no defense when people attack you personally. That's where you live. You think that is "sad" that someone would dare defend themself when a personal attack is made against that one.

God help us if people like you are asked to prove up when your Country is attacked by hostile forces. I can just see you when that happens: you will be standing at your Country's borders with a sign that says, "Your attitude is strikingly childish. You must be impoverished of spirit."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You blithering moron. You couldn't make a serious argument to save your own ass even in a life-or-death situation. You live in a world of your own dreams and are incapable of learning from people who have lived longer and know better.

Fool.

Farkel

• bohm
    bohm

Time is a consequence of the second law of thermodynamics.

The second law of thermodynamics is a consequence of time :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit