Watchtower claims Armageddon will come when US is no longer a World Power

by Alfred 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

Just when I thought the Wash Towel was done trying to interpret the book of Revelations, I came across this f rom paragraph 16 on the last page of the March 15, 2011 Watchtower…

The urgency of the times we live in is underscored when we consider the inspired prophecy at Revelation 17:10. The seventh king, the Anglo-American World Power, has come into existence. Concerning it we read: “When he [the seventh world power] does arrive he must remain a short while.” By now that “short while” must be near its completion. The prophet Habakkuk gives us this assurance concerning the end of this wicked system: “The vision is yet for the appointed time . . . Keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.”—Hab. 2:3.

Maybe that's why the GB will be moving closer to Canada soon...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

IIRC, they believe the 8th King will be the world power when the Great Tribulation begins. Right?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

They view the UN as the king that will bring about the Great Trib. Not the US.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The United Nations is the eighth king, no?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    The United Nations is the eighth king, no?

Yes. IOW, the title of this thread is not something new.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

And this paragraph does not seem like a departure to me. They are saying the seventh Ango-American world power is only around for a short time, and they are still around when Armageddon comes, therefore the end must be soon. That's the same as they have always said.

They did stop trying to offer any significant new interpretations some time ago. They just tweak here and there when absolutely necessary these days.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Confusing, but as I understand it, in Watchtower eschatology, the seventh and eighth kings overlap and both are around for Armageddon.

Who is the king of the north? Now there's a question to provoke a glazed look on any Witness.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I could be wrong, the Revelation book always did give me a headache.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

IIRC, they said somewhere that God himself would destroy the Anglo-American power, not the other King.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I was just talking to my mom about all that king of the north and south stuff. Is this why she kept trying to read portions of Revelation to me yesterday? I told her I always found all the prophecy stuff boring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit