I feel so guilty for refusing to help the sister of an elder who DF'd me years ago.

by african GB Member 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I recently moved to another province/state, after I got a job there. The sister of one of the elders who were on my JC (about 8 years ago) also got the job around the same area about two weeks ago. I could'nt believe my ears when I got the call from that elder asking me to accomodate her sister in my spare bedroom, until she finds her own place. I told him my wife is using the room as her office as she works from home (even though it's not being used).

I just feel bad for punishing this poor woman for something she knows nothing about, but I could'nt live with the thought of having the sister of the man who made my life a living hell in my house.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Didn't you tell us that you just got DF'ed 4 months ago?

And that you married a "sister" around the same time you got DF'ed?

How did you get reinstated so fast?

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

By the way this is the elder whom I suspected of having 'voted' against my first reinstatement request.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Is it too late to make amends?

Do you really want to?

Follow your heart

Acolytes

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well, you couldn't accomodate that. You would have a spy right there in your midst, at your blessings.

If it comes up that you wouldn't help, say that you had to say no because you would be in the home alone with her from time to time and that's against the rules.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What the heck do you feel guilty for. You have no responsibility to take care of any Witness - well that isn't family. She is a stranger to you. Why would you want someone in your house that might spy in you and report things back to the elders!

You had every right to say no. His asking is beyond believable. He has a lot of nerve.

• sir82
    sir82

Haven't you been promoted to CO by now?

As I recall you were on the "fast track".

When you make DO (about 6 months from now) or branch committee (maybe 3 or 4 months after that) you can order some other schlub to accomodate her.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Is there something wrong with his house that his sister can't live with him? You are under no obligation to support a stranger.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

You're Df'ed. End of story.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you guys are still holding stuff against AGBM, fine and good. But at least just skip his posts or keep up with his story.

His apology explained his "real" story.

I am a 29 year old male, born-in, baptised in 1998, DF'd in 2003 for fornication, reinstated in 2008. I want to make it clear that I have never been a MS. After my reinstatement I continued to attend meetings with the same cong. but moved to another cong. earlier this year, reason being, the continued shunning by some hardcore self-righteous publishers.

I am still with the same cong until now, I go to meetings regularly, including taking part as well as giving Bible reading talks. I go to FS every weekend and I average about 9 hours every month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit