What crisis will set the W.T on a new path?

by acolytes 58 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Crisis such as the new 'flock' book being available to every one on the planet apart from those in the congregations of Jar-Hoover's witlesses.

This to me seems to be a major leak....was it from a high level defector (conscious class?)???? I hope so.

The internet surely has dented their credability as the R&F can research the hidden often dark side of the GB.

UN membership, Randcam and laundering money from Philip Morris tobacco company whilst disfellowshipping R&F for smoking 'watchtower brand' fags (sorry I'm a Brit, cigarettes if you are in the US. I type as I would talk, LOL).

The crisis seems to me to be 2 fold. Financial and disclosure of damaging information.

Gordon Bennet how I'd love to watch the Borg fall.

I imagine their last ever washTowel as carrying the headline: We're broke. Join the Moonies!'

• kimbo
    kimbo

internet.

• Gayle
    Gayle

thanks, "stuckinamovement" and "acolytes" for your total of 10 items, giving a good 10-finger grip, creating quite a "choke-hold" on the WTS.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

darthfader - "It will only be the few calamity howlers hanging on -- holed up in a bunker someplace in rural Pennsylvania."

Don't you mean upstate New York?

• Liberty93
    Liberty93

Leavingwt,

With all due respect, I think you're dead wrong. There are plenty of vulnerable people now, but how many of them are converting? I know people are converting in developing nations, but I think that has a lot more to do with the fact that the Witnesses and other "evangelical" religions are a new phenomenon there, and also because of lack of information about them.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

what if the government found out that it is indeed a big business cult, and decided to tax them, and retro tax them.

you could prove they are a false religion by their own words in print with the failed predictions.

i just don' t think the tax police wanna try to comprehend the doctrine.

every time they get new light and change the doctrine, they should be guilty lieing up to that point about being sent by god, and retro taxed for tax evasion by fraud. the key factor is that they called dates. and it didn't happen. so they are lieing. so they are frauds. they should be taxed.

even though they preach armageddon is near, the society is expanding it's real estate empire. and they have been allowed to prosper due to free labour free donations no taxes.

since they follow jesus's word the most out of anyother religion, shouldn't they be paying ceasers tax to ceaser, maybe to set them apart from the rest?

come on government! look into them closer. there is a bundle to be had in religious fraud tax evasion.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:What crisis will set the W.T on a new path?

Of course as many have pointed out, it is all about the money for the WT Printing Corporation.

Here is another slant on what might force them into a new path: rank and file JWs just quit following their insane shunning mandates. THAT would fuck them up royally. They would lose ALL their power over their followers if that were the case.

It's already happening on a smaller scale. On a big scale it would destroy the ONLY real power they have over their worker bees and screw them up and their claims to Divine authority forever.

Once they cannot FORCE shunning, they are powerless. Forever. Members would become members because they want to. And they then don't stay members because they HAVE to. They can opt out by just walking away. That would be devasting for that destructive Cult and its leaders.

The only power they have is what their members allow them to have, you know.

Farkel

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Would the UN shut them down? I know the UN is powerless but perhaps the member countries could agree.

The GB obviously have no real loving regard for the value of life (blood etc).

I wouldn't put it past them with their 'rule or ruin' policy that if the washtowel is going down they wouldn't enforce mass suicide.

After all as I recall, the cults that did suicide weren't seen to be destructive until they did take the 'koolaid'.

As much as I don't care if the GB kill themselves, I don't want them to kill my family.

It would be ironic if the UN did shut them down due to human rights abuses (which they ARE guilty of).

Snag is if this happened, the Dub's would see this as PROOF they have the 'TrOOOoooooOOoooooOoooooth' and the big A is 'SOON'!

• lifelong humanist
    lifelong humanist

Intersting thread, acolytes.

Many here have been reading the most recent thread started by Roberto di Stefano, alias Nick!!

If the WT were suddenly to face trouble in the legality of their 'right' over how they insist on JWs shunning former JWs in a legal battle over the European Union Court of Human Rights, this could lead to WT having to tread carefully on a new path - at least in EU countries, to start with. The mass of negativity could then spread to the USA after time.

My opinion is that the religion would then be forced to become more mainstream in its practices. Much less confrontational. The one-off 'differences' would gradually be less peculiar. The religion would then 'appeal' to not just the most gullible in society. New members would be better of financialy, leading to more revenue being donated. The WT would lose much of the 'cultish' image, and just become a more extreme version of Christianity.

However, any such changes would have to be won in an ever changing world where education, the power of the internet and critical thinking is becoming more the norm in even poorer countries. I believe that this will inevitably lead to more people giving up their 'weak' religious affiliations, and embracing a more humanistic approach. Belief in any god or gods would surely suffer. Much as I'd like that to happen, I don't expect anything so dramatic any time soon! More the pity.

lifelong humanist

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I think Farkel hit the nail on the head

no shunning, no fear...

no fear, less members willing to take the shit.

Any other crises will only be fuel to make them stronger and more controlling than ever.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit