More Partaking at Memorial, Could It Be the Elderly?

by Franklin Massey 18 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bro. Dan are you going to Partake?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I was anointed in 1992 and partook until my DF in 2007...I never had a moments doubt about it. Back then it was a very controversial issue making life very difficult. I now understand believe that an 'anointing' is not exclusive to JWs ...not at all.

Loz x

• journey-on
    journey-on

Lozhasleft.....Do you still consider yourself "annointed"?

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

journey-on - After all, the way the WTS keeps moving their prophetic dates up, they could lie in their graves for "GENERATIONS" before being resurrected! Man, that is sad. I think I want to go to heaven now too.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    Bro. Dan are you going to Partake?

I will on my own, like I did last year. Plus, I don't believe that the celebration of Christ's sacrifice should be done only once a year. I don't do it as much as I should, but I do my own worship on occasion.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Could It Be the Elderly?

I think there is something in regards to how many are partaking these days , there are certainly are a lot of JWS

that have been in this organization for 50 + years and they seem to have the self induced ideological concept that

they are in that special group of people who are deserving of that holding identity..

My spin head mother in law claims she's anointed , she's 63.....she's nothing special trust me.

I think its something that becomes a wanting desire to be a person of chosen privilege and announce it before the other JWS as a up lifting vehicle.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Could the growing numbers have something to do with the baby boomers getting older.

Thats certainly a segment of the population that has a huge amount in numbers.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I guess they want to catch the last shuttle outta town

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Journey On - Yes I do... its a once for all time experience....they suggested that (Jehovah ) God would leave me ...he didnt though.

Back to the topic I wonder if a lot of JWs who experienced an anointing were too afraid to partake until the recent 'new light' gave them the freedom from controversial gossip and rejection?

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit