Hello Everyone...Just Joined Today

by DarioKehl 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

@loz

Yeah, i know, i know. I'm used to writing a lot of academic papers too and the tone of those is always a little hoity-toity. I'm sure I'll loosed up and get comfortable over time. I just wish for topics i start on here are easy reading for people we need to rescue. The amount of guilt and fear we deal with is tremendous and some just don't want to face it.

I'm in to torture apparently because this migration out of the bOrg is like slowly tearing a bandaid from an excessively hairy leg wound. Many people say, "Just rip it off!" But for me, I stand to lose a lot of close friends. In my area, my last name is synonymous with "good JWs" because my parents are spiritual pillars within the JW community. This sucks. This battle ahead is terrifying. I'm going to be labeled and known as the one who initiated the collapse of our family. But I can no longer tolerate living for everyone else. I can no longer tolerate belonging to another organization whose policies have killed 2 close friends of mine (blood doctrine). It's time to call them out. When I decide to leave, I want it to be on my own accord and I hope to refer the brothers to my project. Who knows, maybe it will enlighten them someday (I borrowed that phrase from my pioneer days after leaving a mag in the door at a not-at-home lol).

"tech-savy" well...ok, I'm kind of lazy and am looking for quick answers on how to start a podcast on iTunes. I've read up some, but I just purchased a brand-spanking new iMac and I grew up on Windows. Yeah, it's kinda like my transition from JW to atheism...lotsa de-programming involved and new applications to learn. I guess my biggest question is, are podcast servers terribly expensive? I've got my first few episodes ready to go! I know I'll make no $$$ on this, but I'm afraid to commit to something unless I know how much expense is involved (more learned behavior...fear of commitment lol).

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Welcome, I can't wait to see the finished project.

SIAM

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Hey Dario, get off your soap box and quit being so pretentious.

Kidding. Look, I really like your style. Several posters have already mentioned your "remember your audience" comment. That's imoprtant because the first few times I started so seek out opinions other than the WTs, I was scared right back into the same old way of thinking by overly dramatic and hostile "apostate" sites. I understand that they have issues they feel need addressed, I just disagree with the method in which they choose to address them.

This was great: I feel very strongly that JWs who discern the palatable change in tone and environment within the bOrg need an outlet--a place to go to that will not make that initial click of the mouse so painful when they begin their journey of independent thinking. When debating, it's very important to engage them on their terms and try to embolden their naturally-driven instinct to search for understanding.

This is AMAZING! I wanted to see multi-headed beasts come out of the ocean!

Welcome. Looking forward to more posts from you.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bravo! Hello and welcome.

Love,
    Baba.

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Welcome and enjoy

• tec
    tec

Welcome Dario.

Tammy

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. Please understand that the foul language and heated debates, of which you speak, are growing pains of people who have loosened or are in the process of loosening the bonds of cult mind control.

• freskalynn
    freskalynn

Welcome to the site. I've been here for a few weeks. Its interesting to here all the talk and comments. Some are funny and some are not. I try not to take it real personal. I was JW for 32 yrs and have been out 29 yrs. Hope u find a lot of friends here. PS. I have lots & lots of books & commenteries we got when we got out. I could give u a list if u want. Inquire at: [email protected]

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I understand your fears and the pain that can ensue. I was/am anointed and partook for 15 years (although I've come to realise that it isnt exclusive to JWs). The org has cost me my friends of 30 years and all of my 5 adult children not to mention the damage to my health. The pain has been excrutiating to say the least. I have found a peace of mind and a freedom to enjoy happiness ...but the losses are still so great. None of us should have to suffer like this.
    This site has been invaluable to me as have many of the people here - even the ones who aren't always necessarily palatable. I wish you well and look forward to your posts.

Loz x

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Welcome ! I am looking forward to reading/responding to your posts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit