what are the rewards for not being a witness any longer

by Curtains 31 Replies latest jw friends

• The Finger
    The Finger

I don't know exactly what you mean by the carrot and the stick.

I had no privileges in the congregation for about 20 years. I refused them. (admittedly i engaged in field service and the occasional answer at the meeting along with being on the School when I felt like it, maybe these were privileges or rewards of a sort although I never viewed them as such more a freedom to speak of my beliefs)

The view of surviving Armageddon into a paradise earth never felt like anymore than drawing another breath does. It was just going to be if I was judged worthy if not it wasnt going to be.

Since leaving I have felt less stressed. As I had identified the FDS class as giving out the food at the proper time. These were identified in my mind as Christ's brothers. How I treated them and what they said was as if I had treated Christ in like manner. Therefore it was very difficult to refuse privileges for 20 years without stress. It was as if I said no to Christ. Maybe leaving and losing the stress is a reward.

I still believe in Christianity and will talk about Christ with people I meet at various times, no pressure to adhere to schedule. The reward of which is mentioned in the bible I still hope for. I also think it is questionable as to whether JW's will recieve any reward from God however we hope.

• Curtains
    Curtains

the finger

Maybe leaving and losing the stress is a reward.

I think so

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit