what are the rewards for not being a witness any longer

by Curtains 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Never_Enough
    Never_Enough

There are pretty basic rewards, such as being able to sleep in and have a "normal" weekend, or not having to go door-knocking in the cold of winter and the unforgiving heat of summer, not being forced to wear skirts for women, or being able to grow a beard for men.

The most satisfying benefit, on an emotional (or daresay, spiritual) level, is the reward of mental honesty. The ability to think, speak and act as one sees fit according to a reasoned and rational philosophy that is open to challenge and debate.

• Newborn
    Newborn

FREEDOM!!!!!

• designs
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind

Life is so much sweeter now . As joeblow stated :

" The reward for me is the freedom to think and reason for myself... to not be told what to think... to no longer live in fear of being "found out"... and to not live a lie. Living a lie is a soul sucking self destructive way to exist...."

I love my life now ,it feels real, and I am truly happy . Life as a witness felt like I was always trying to live someone elses' idea of living .

My husband and I live a very simple unpretenscious life ,but it is now OUR life .

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I get to buy nice things without some hounder telling me that I may be stumbling others with "materialism". And those nice things have a nice habit of lasting much longer than the crap I had to make do with as a witless--nice clothing, washcloths that are hotel quality, a quality coat rack that will never need replacing because it cannot break, coats that are very fine quality, and a real good book bag that has a much longer life expectancy than the crap you find at Crap Mart.

I get to worship the sun. Christmas decorations I can actually enjoy, and put up myself. And not get hounded about it.

I can browse any web site I feel like, without Brother Hounder telling me about how it is stumbling others. Also, I can listen to whatever music I feel like.

I can prepare for emergencies, and whatever Osama Obama feels like creating (fake energy crisis, hyperinflation, sickness care, S510/S3767) without that "Trust in Jehovah" crap. Will Jehovah provide a usable flashlight or lantern if Osama Obama's fake energy crisis creates regular blackouts? Will he charge up my batteries, or provide me the batteries? Will he provide food for me when S510/S3767 creates a shortage? And, what about when the dollar becomes toilet paper? Jehovah claims to provide, but I think silver will provide better.

And I am not going to listen to a hounding for changing my toilet paper dollars for silver instead of putting them into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Being able to make your own life decisions.

I can't believe how long I let a bunch of ignorameses govern my every move.

• minimus
    minimus

VD, sexual immorality, thievery, drunkeness, drug use, prison terms, and loss of dress clothes.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Freedom is its own reward.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I am no longer hounded by my conscience for not doing enough in service, missing meetings or thinking differently than my "brothers". Throughout my life I always did things that bothered the congregation (and my conscience), like wearing a mustache when others didn't, being the only one riding a motorcycle or driving a convertible car, playing hockey a few times a week in an industrial league, accepting promotions at work and travelling for business. That may have been a reason why I was never more than a MS...but who cares now! Last week I read a book that wasn't edited by the WTS - for the first time in decades...it was about the life of a professional hockey player who lost it all due to alcool, drugs and gambling...and guess what? His mother was a chronically-depressed and overmedicated Jehovah's Witness!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I no longer feel guilty for failing to live up to someone else's ideals. Now it's my life, and I set the standards.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit