what are the rewards for not being a witness any longer

by Curtains 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Curtains
    Curtains

If the carrot and stick aspect of being Jehovahs witnesses upset you how do you reclaim your desire for reward? I'm assumng that you all agree with me that feeling rewarded is a basic human desire. How much effort do you think we should put into trying to make our lives rewarding? would it be selfish to do so?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Sleep in sundays

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Gathering information and arguments to prove I'm right and they're wrong. It's kind of satisfying to know that for all their smugness and judgmentalism, they're the losers and are wasting their lives on a religion that has no sound, logical basis after all ... they just don't know it.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Obviously, we have to make our lives rewarding, as nobody will work without hope of a reward. It is natural for us to change the world, and take from it what we want.

Is it selfish? Nobody will mind too much in a hundred years time...

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

One gains back his basic rights: freedom of thought, speech and expression.

• Curtains
    Curtains

great responses so far

• joeblow
    joeblow

The reward for me is the freedom to think and reason for myself... to not be told what to think... to no longer live in fear of being "found out"... and to not live a lie. Living a lie is a soul sucking self destructive way to exist....

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Rewards of leaving the WT: Weekends are something you look forward to, evenings are something you look forward to, you're sick less often, you can question anyone at anytime (if you're self-employed, that is), you lose your fear/hatred of "worldly" people (because you are one now), Vegas is incredible even when you lose money, cigars are amazing, you never have to look over your shoulder when entering/exiting rated-R movies, no guilt about anything really (what is, is), no wasted time around self-righteous people, none of your plans include working around meeting/convention/assembly schedules, you never have to consult the genius of the GB when it comes to sex... In short, you get to live life the way God intended.

The downside to leaving the WT: Don't know yet.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Not being judged by Ministerial Servants, Elders, Married Women, Pioneers and everyone else who thought they were superior.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Clyde and I now feel that we are doing something that will REALLY help others. We are actively helping out our local Moose lodge and contribute money towards their charitable activities--such as their home in Florida for seniors and their campus in Illinois for orphaned children. Reminds me of James 1:27.

With the witnesses we could never do enough. The Moose accepts us for what we are.

Bonnie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit