Will there be cars in the New System?

by laverite 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Note that the stream is grassed right to the edge as though the level never changes.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Page 309 has a glass and a glass jug, Cameo

• villabolo
    villabolo

Aussie Oz:

people of the future may carry alittle of this power with them. If they fall down an

elevator shaft, they can let

themselves down easy, then they can turn alittle more on and go back up...no danger

of falling down stairs then..."

So why bother having elevators or stairs?

Villabolo

• villabolo
    villabolo

Villabolo

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I remember a publication within the past couple of decades that showed a tractor in the background of one of the paradise pictures, I remember JW's speculating about the new light in the picture, continuing to use motorized vehicles at least of some type, I mean, of course we'll require the use heavy earth moving equipment to plow over the buildings that didn't topple during the great trib.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Aussie Oz:

Dont you remember?

we will be able to fly about like superman! Who needs cars!

I dont have the issue but am relying on others posting the below to be accurate...

Golden Age Aug 25 1926 p.751 "Negative Gravitation...you may have wondered how accidents will be avioded in

Christs Kingdom....scientists tell us there is enough Atomic energy in one fingernail to propel a Battleship. The

people of the future may carry alittle of this power with them. If they fall down an elevator shaft, they can let

themselves down easy, then they can turn alittle more on and go back up...no danger of falling down stairs then..."

Please tell me that what you put here is satire and not something they actually wrote. Please. My brain can't take it if this is real.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Page 309 has a glass and a glass jug, Cameo

Thanks for the scan, Black Sheep.

In the picture you posted, notice that the man in yellow shirt is lapping out of his hands. Wasn't there a bible story about choosing soldiers according to whether they drink from hands or get right down and lap like dogs?

Oh, and the pic you posted. That is the St. Pauli Girl who comes around after the few apostates (who mistakenly ended up there) stomp and ferment the fruit. The one pitcher of Paradise does not hold water. (neither do these crock-y stories)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

That woman in the top left corner looks like she's wearing high heels. She should be DF'd for poking holes in the lawn.

W

• tia.dalma
    tia.dalma

Of course there will be cars in the new system. I think in time the new world will be a high tech society.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

WE Van Amburgh's The Way to Paradise, (p223) quoted in Franz's Crisis of Conscience (p230) presents a wonderful Orwellian image of communication in the new world, with cars, radios which are used to transmit the views and instructions of the "princes" and very high speed aircraft that would take just hours to fly from one side of the world to the other.

When will this take place? 1925.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit