Will there be cars in the New System?

by laverite 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

Growing up as a JW I always imagined the New System (TM) as being just like it's presented in the Literature (TM). I thought we'd all be hanging around with dorky looks on our faces, petting tigers and panda bears all day while we eat fruit and practice our dorky grins.

I've never seen a pic from the Society (TM) showing cars or planes (or other forms of transport) in the Literature (TM). What did you imagine as far as transportation in the New System (TM)? Did you ever wonder? Did you imagine going about a modern life, just surrounded by JWs with dorky grins? I didn't think of the New System (TM) as "modern" at all, but as without all ModCons.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Answer , if the new ststem were to have existed will there be wheeled motor vehicles used for transporting passengers?

My answer i imagine so, and for holidays we could have explored the universe in space-ships. (It would have been nice shame it was all a dream)

Acolytes

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Dont you remember?

we will be able to fly about like superman! Who needs cars!

I dont have the issue but am relying on others posting the below to be accurate...

Golden Age Aug 25 1926 p.751 "Negative Gravitation...you may have wondered how accidents will be avioded in

Christs Kingdom....scientists tell us there is enough Atomic energy in one fingernail to propel a Battleship. The

people of the future may carry alittle of this power with them. If they fall down an elevator shaft, they can let

themselves down easy, then they can turn alittle more on and go back up...no danger of falling down stairs then..."

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

What new system? Are you still brainwashed?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

1982, Live Forever

No cars. but there is a bridge, complete with painted steel rails. There are no naked people here either.

Who made the paint?

Who made the steel?

Who mined the raw materials for both?

Who ran the cotton mills?

Who picked the cotton?

Who ran the infrastructure for manufacturing? Electricity, water, coal, transport?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Of course there will be no cars in the New System. It is meant to be an agrarian utopia, like Pol Pot’s Year Zero, and anyone found trying to make a car or computer or found trying to ruin the earth with high technology will be instantly turned into a pillar of salt.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

There will be cars, but available only for the "princes", or elders. Their petrol will be paid by voluntary donations from the rank and file after a show of hands in favor at the hall. There will be no call for "no" votes and anyone who doesn't put up their hand will be stoned to death.

• ssn587
    ssn587

no education, no technology, slowly slike to cave man conditions, if one even believes in the new system.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

That paradise scene is from some rich guy's estate after they swept all the bodies out.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

As long as I get a pet lion I don't care about anything else!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit