You just gotta read the story, Fade From the Truth, A Tale of Learning Then Unlearning the Beliefs of JWs

by AndersonsInfo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

yourmomma,

I have met Alan, he is not who you think he is. His story is similar, but different. Kind of like the rest of us here.

JK

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

JRK,

thats not necessary. out of respect for the author I will not comment further. I was not aware that the author wished to not have his identity discussed, and I apologize for what I wrote. I cannot edit the posts, but if the mods want to delete them, that would be great.

• OnTheWayOut
  • JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I really related to the author in so many ways, but especially on his situation with his JW wife. Thanks for sharing! And the elephant illustration is one I'll be reminding myself of for some time to come.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I have to add, I learned something new about how the WT now exploits disasters as a way of drawing in more funds, too.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Still reading. Will comment later again.

Scott77

• life is to short
    life is to short

I just finshed it yesterday. I could not stop reading once I started, very well written. The elephant part was so sad but so very true. I could totally realate to that. After a while I just accepted things as they were without fighting anymore. Being raised as a JW then growing up you do ask questions, but each time I was shot down. I stopped asking because I felt stupid, that there was something wrong with me for not getting it like everyone else seemed to.

I just loved Allen's story, very great writter who ever he is, I hope someday he sees this thread.

Thanks Barbara for sharing it.

Roberta

• life is to short
    life is to short

If any of you want something interesting to do today and the weather is bad outside I would suggest reading this great book. It will take you at the most three hours and it is worth the time.

I read it last weekend and totally enjoyed it.

LITS

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for this thread Barbara ! My wife and I read the first 3 chapters - then I got hoarse from reading it to her out loud for an hour straight ! LOL! I can really relate to Alan's school experiences being raised a JW myself from infancy until adulthood. I felt most uneasy during flag salutes . I'd get dirty looks from kids holding my hands to the side and not over my heart. I'm so sorry that your brother died Alan- if you ever get a chance to read this. My deepest condolences to you on that horrible experience of losing someone close to you. Wonderfully written and easy to follow for sure. It certainly shows how divisive the JW cult is in breaking up families. Look forward eagerly to finish the book. Thanks

• willyloman
    willyloman

bttt. A must read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit