I don't understand life or the universe

by Decided 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

I'm 75 years old and am confused about life and God. All explainations seem made up by some religious person or some written book that doesn't make any sense to me. Why doesn't a God just let us know that he exist in some way that all people could understand. Human minds can't grasp the concept of something or someone not having a beginning. Everything we see on earth dies. Life is so complex and the only real common thing is reproduction. Everything spends it's life reproducing more of it's kind and if it didn't it would all go away in a hundred or so years, except trees.

If there is no life after death we don't have much to look forward to except death. I can see why a savior was invented by humans who was to come back soon to save mankind. God sure made a mess of his creation with wars, floods and a final Armageddon. I guess he has fun creating stars and universes etc. since he is still doing it.

Ken P.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    Why doesn't a God just let us know that he exist in some way that all people could understand.

If there really was a God I am sure he would have!

• flipper
    flipper

Perhaps we are meant to understand life by just living it ! Now THAT'S a concept. Perhaps there isn't meant to be any deep revelations or understanding. Maybe we are meant to understand the clarity of living AS WE GO through life enjoying each day. Sometimes I feel people can be so obsessed with the " end game " of finding out this great alleged meaning near the end of life - but failed to see and enjoy the meaning while making the journey day by day throughout life.

I understand that you are older, I respect that. I'm sure it causes you to be more reflective as the years go by . I'm only 51 . But my motto in life is looking at the glass as half full, not half empty. I find what brings me joy in life is helping others think about living life in freedom escaping ANY mind control from Jehovah's Wtnesses , Mormons, Scientologists, ANY cult which takes your power away and robs you of freedom of mind and thinking.

Perhaps we as humans were meant by the creator ( if there is a creator ) to enjoy our lives and find out how to be happy helping others and showing love - figuring out our own trail and destiny. Enjoying a beautiful sunset or sunrise, enjoying beautiful mountains or meadows, rivers , streams, or lakes with loved ones. I find that more energizing than being TOLD what to do my entire life. Just my 2 cents. Hope that gives you things to think about

• free2beme
    free2beme

Enjoy the ride, and do not worry so much about the end. If it is nothingness, you wont care. If there is something more, then it is with greater purpose then you could control. In the end, it is just that, the end of it all. I say, just leave some good memories. Try to give some kindness from day to day. Make things right, when possible and just be a good person. God or no god, none of those things can be ignored in the universe.

I see the universe, personally, as a the higher level of life. Cosmic, multi-dementional energy that connects us all to each other, the past and the future. If you live higher then just the physical world, think deeper, understand the place your in and the affect what you do has on others. You can feel it more, and realize how it works. Is it God? I think God is a relative existence of personal perspective. God it the unseen force that we hope is enough like us to respect our weakness. Is it an actual person? If you want it to be, it will feel like that to you and bring you peace. I see it more as a sounding board though, you speak in to it what you want from this life in thoughts, words and actions. It responds with what you directed in energy, signs and perhaps simply 'hope of possiblity.'

I think we all know inside, this life was never supposed to be all about finding answers to what is next. At our basic level, we are survivors. We sleep, eat and breath to live. As we know living is the one thing we want right now and we live for it. That is your purpose, that is why you woke up this morning. Just know, there is basic living of getting by and finding more advanced living of making this life more. Such is purpose, such is life and in that all, perhaps there is bumpers from time to time to help us bounce in the direction we asked or desired from the universe.

Just a thought.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You dont understand life or the universe and nobody else does.

Still as humans we try to put our ducks in a row and make sense of things.

You can pick and choose what makes sense to you or just be an observer passing through.

I have noticed we become what we think about.

Maybe we go where we think we are going.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If he exists, maybe it's time for him to take responsibility for his actions and clean up his mess.

W

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Gotta say I respect you for still looking for the answers, and questioning everything. That seems to me to be part of life's purpose, that we never stop asking 'why?' Not that there are answers, but it's good to be curious...

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

flipper has a great point. Each "now" that goes by is part of our journey, our spiritual evolution. We miss those moments and all we can do with them if all we do is worry about where we end up.

"God" is the Absolute, not the Bible god that presides over everything. The Bible compartmentalizes a gigantic, interdimensional hierarchy into "Father, Son, Angels, Satan, and demons". This is really a highly diluted version of reality. It is the "milk" Paul spoke about, instead of the "meat". The "meat" offers a far better explanation, but we have to be ready for it. Jesus stated this to his disciples, that they were not yet ready for the full-blown truth.

In a free will universe, there is a LOT more leeway in what can and cannot be done then what is presented in scripture. God works through Spirits and PEOPLE, not on his own. God is the All-ness of Everything. Picture our lives as roles in a 3d movie projected onto a big screen. "God" is the screen itself, but yet this is only a reflection of him, a shadow. The Absolute cannot reside in itself in a physical universe, it needs other aspects of itself to materialize in this lower dimension.

I recommend giving Plato's Allegory of the Cave a read.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Why doesn't a God just let us know that he exist in some way that all people could understand.'

The logical conclusion is that the commonly accepted western god doesn't exist. If it doesn't move, doesn't do anything observable, no activity; death is the logical conclusion to reach.

'Human minds can't grasp the concept of something or someone not having a beginning. Everything we see on earth dies. Life is so complex and the only real common thing is reproduction. Everything spends it's life reproducing more of it's kind and if it didn't it would all go away in a hundred or so years, except trees.'

Yes, eveything basically is born, grows, then dies. It's the same, throughout the universe, stars for instance, are described as being born in clouds of gases, growing, living millions of yrs, then dying. Their parts are recycled into other stars or planets or whatever. While i'm not saying that they are necesarily alive or conscious, the process is similar to what takes place on the earth. In fact, all matter on this planet was forged in stars.

'If there is no life after death we don't have much to look forward to except death.'

Personally, due to some observations, i do believe in life after death. But, that's me. Since it's not a scientific thing, there isn't much that i can say about that.

'I guess he has fun creating stars and universes etc. since he is still doing it.'

Again, there are natural processes doing that. Scientists can observe and explain most of them. No actions of any god or work of god is observed in any of them. Everything in the universe, from the formation of stars to the evolution of humans can be seen as on single process, governed by a few basic formulas. This can be illustrtaed by how snow flakes are created. God doesn't make each snow flake. The way they form are based on the formula of water molecules, the atoms that make up water. It's similar for a lot of stuff in the universe.

The way i understand the universe and life on this planet, is that it's basically free, it's all democratic. Animals can do what they want, are able. Same w trees, or stars, or humans. The 'laws' that we have among our civilised societies are directives that we have basically agreed on, and then we have created legal or military systems to enforce them. Democratic. That's how it is, when there is no omnipotent, omniscient biblegod.

S

S

• designs
    designs

'Why doesn't he just show himself'.....What and spoil all the money trains out there

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit