Dinner With a Pioneer Couple Last Night

by dontplaceliterature 37 Replies latest jw friends

• I quit!
    I quit!
    It took all I had to bite my tounge and not blurt out the fact that Jehovah doesn't give a diddly squat if they get their 70 hours or not, because most of it would have been a waste of time driving around and knocking on Not-At-Home doors.

Maybe the next time you have dinner with them it will come out. Nothing wrong with a little honesty. These people are wasting their lives away and trying to get others to do the same.

• trevor
    trevor

All it takes to get 70 hours a month on a report - is a pen that works!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I am a fossil; I pioneered when you had to put in 100 hours a month, and dreaded the end of the year when you had to make up the hours you were behind, or face the interview with the elders when you didn't make your time.

I finally spared them the task of yet again talking to me about it, and decided to take a break and work more days per week instead of pioneering.

I found that I LOVED going to work instead of going in service to the same old homes, same terrible back calls (yea I am that old) and having the same self righteous conversations with those who were pioneering that month.

Never did pioneer again; when anyone asked if I wanted to again, if I knew them well enough I say NO, I don't because I did it and didn't like it.

That always raised an eyebrow.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Pistoff, good post. Remember all those assembly interviews of ones that used to pioneer and they all say it was the best time of their life...bla bla bla.. They want to make the circumstances to do it again...bla bla bla.. I always sat their thinking if it was so great how come they stopped. How come Jeh didn't work it out for them being they were so willing. Same old crap over and and over again.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I know, Pontoon.

And I vividly remember a post from 2 pioneers, late teens, boy and girl, who pooh poohed the idea of marriage, preferring to pioneer out the last days of this system.

Not one year later they were married, to each other; it was hilarious.

• pontoon
  • pontoon
    pontoon

Pistoff, I"m laughing so hard a accidently did a blank post.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Broken Promises: Back in my day pioneers had to get in 90 hours a month. These guys are wusses, lol!

Is it wrong I thought the same thin? I could get 70 hrs while serving at bethel LOL

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

The true story to pioneering is how many would do it without being called a "pioneer" and getting their name announced.

Answer: almost zero to none.

I've seen it. The motives are so messed up;.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Only the absolute Elite..Pioneer..

I`m Adored by All..

Would you like to Sniff my Butt?..

http://www.smallbusinessbranding.com/images/snob.jpg

..................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit