how important was the hope of the paradise to you? and what do you hope in now?

by Curtains 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't think I ever 100% bought the "new system" at least in the way they discribed it. I do have to say it was a big let down when I realized it was a scam. I don't know what happens when we die but I am not going to live for the after life. That's what JW's do. I'm learning to live life now

• The Finger
    The Finger

It wasnt that important to me. It was just going to happen. I would either die at Armageddon or live in a paradise on earth.

As a child I quite liked the idea of friendly animals, but not spending more time with my father or more meetings that i envisioned taking place daily and everything very routine. (My days are not particularly planned)

As I got into my teens I had more questions about how it would actually work. Would we be naked? Adam had no clothes, no house, no car, nothing so why would we? But what peace. No worries. I imagined him waking up with the knowledge that he didn't have a care in the world and he could just lay there listening to the wind and the birds.

I still have the hope of a better life and if I'm wrong at least I died with hope.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I was rarely ever GOOD ENOUGH to survive the JW Armageddon, so I pretty much got used to having no hope for eternal life. Then, I discovered eternal life was a fantasy. Lucky me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I can`t mourn something I never had..

The WBT$ New System is an Evil Fantasy..

This is what the 1st day of the WBT$ Evil Fantasy,would look like..

http://exjwslosangeles.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/image002.jpg

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, it isn't so much the loss of the paradise hope that bothers me. But, I look at all the injustice and suffering going on in the world and I feel hopeless again. I always was pacified that these things would be done away with,not that they didn't bother me any less.

On my way home from the store the other night, I went past a snow covered graveyard,and it overwhelmed me with sadness. It's like mournign the loss of those I lost all over again. The hope of a resurrection saved me from despair,and now it dawned on me how I'll never see them again. And I'm going to end up the same. But,then, that makes me want to live the rest of my life to the full.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Those pictures always made me afraid but sad for people the dubs say will die. I could never understand why children and babies would have to die. As I got older I never longed for paradise. I'm a realist I guess so I never could wrap my mind around the idea of paradise.

As far as I know this is the only life we get so we better make the best of it. The thought of being dead is the only thing that can give me anxiety and panic attacks. The thought of no longer living terrifies me at times. But I guess not enough to get me to believe in paradise or heaven.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I struggle with it.

I admittedly do not know what to believe.

The Paradise was never my motive....however, the thought of it helped me make decisions that ultimately damaged me greatly.

I do still believe the Bible and the example set by Christ.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CURTAINS: I always felt there were too many holes in the JW paradise belief and I never entirely believed it. I truly believed the religion pushed this teaching as a 'carrot' to draw people and keep them like a honey-baited trap. At best, I was hoping for an end to wickedness. When I started my 'fade' about ten years ago I made peace with the idea of death and the unanswered questions about the hereafter. I try to be happy now and don't fill my mind with fantasy. I do believe the JW belief is very similar to Christendom. They squander their present life and wish away precious time waiting for a paradise - and only THEN do they really start living. This is sick to me. As far as wanting to live with JWs forever in a so-called paradise, I confess that it sounds scary and would be a planet-wide system of totalitarianism and slavery. You would not really be 'free' and would be forever watching your step and being judged.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I believed in the paradise earth- I wanted to be healed and be healthy. Now my parents are dead, I won't ever see them again. :(

As for what hope I have now? There is none. The future looks very bleak to me now.

• freskalynn
    freskalynn

I use to enjoy talking about the Paradise earth. I remember back years ago when we had to make our own sermons up. 1952 or in that era. My sermon was about the paradise earth. Isa 11. lion lay with the lamb etc. It all seemed so good. After I became an adult same old story. Then I got to see the Natzi . Everyone watching the others and running to the elders. My dad was an overseer year after year. He moved around a lot and everywhere they moved he was made an elder. For about 10yrs. I saw just how many times they would have their meetings and knew someone was probably in trouble. I don't miss that. Like factfinder said, My parents are both dead. I didn't have communication with my dad before he was killed but did with my mother. She thought when they had the accident that killed my dad that I would go back. I didn't. I didn't want to go through all that I would have to go through. Besides I had already replaced the tenet with new things and their teachings didn't bother me at all. Having a form of worship does give one hope and peace of mind. I do have peace of mind. I don't belong to a religon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit