Why I stopped the Bookstudy - Field Service from my home

by Witness 007 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

I found brothers would turn up to the bookstudy giving there kids a box of textas to draw.......on my carpet, coffee table, kids would always spill drinks on the carpet.....parking so they blocked my niegbours driveway. They needed a Witnessing group in our area so I voluteered my place even though as a Pioneer I had an early morning cleaning job to do....ONE time I was late so I took the group in my work clothes and sent everyone off with a prayer and territory. One fellow Pioneer sister put in a complaint to an Elder that this was "un-theocratic." BITCH. I'm happy to be free, the hell with them!

• laverite
    laverite

That sister has a message for you: "Who are you calling a ****???!!! You didn't set a good example that day. I'd complain all over again. In fact, I'm going to the elders as soon as I finish this message, you ****. "

Seriously, well done getting rid of the lot of 'em. They don't deserve your hospitality. I mean, what the heck. Giving them a free place to do their stuff and they complain about you? What the heck??!!

• man in black
    man in black

yea, that bookstudy stuff is really the pits isn't it ?

we had a bs for several years at our home. One year we made the mistake of replacing the carpet in the fall, and then asking everyone to remove their shoes when they came in. Here in Illinois it snows quite a bit, and the dirt and slush that was dragged in was unreal .

The conductor was upset that we asked the people to do this, he thought it was not "conducive to theoctatic thinking". Too bad, the shoes come off, we just spent lots of $$$ to replace the carpet and we would like it to last more than one season.

This guy took it so personally and was so irritated,

We felt like dropping the whole arraingement right there.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I was always told the Book Study was held in peoples homes in preparation for the Big A. Has it stopped because they know it's not coming now?

• karter
    karter

Had the bookstudy at my place for about 12 years.

I stopped haveing refreshments after becouse i got sick and tired of food being dropped and walked over in my carpet.

Once the conducter said after the bookstudy "It would be nice to have refreshments after next weeks study becouse this will be the last time we will be meeting togeather as the bookstudys are being moved around"

Saddly he did'nt ask me and next week when people turned up with plates of food i told them to put it back in there cars.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Karter,

Could have had a tail-gate party, then

• Scott77
    Scott77

Very nice thread. I hated bookstudies more than anything else. People makes your house dirty and you have to clean it over again. I think, Book studies are just one way of the cult's extension of controlling tactics over small groups of members. Many of stuff studied have no connection to the bible.

Scott77

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WITNESS007: So, that is what you tolerated? I always gave people credit for opening up their homes to clods and ingrates. They are clearly undeserving. ---KARTER: I am glad you put your foot down and did not tolerate being disrespected-- on your OWN premises no less!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The best part of having a BS in my house was kicking them out.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit