Should the Watchtower get an official facebook, twitter or youtube page? (Cause people dont read magazines nowadays)

by Joliette 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

I was thinking about mormons
    (they have a channel on youtube) and how other religions seem to be moving with the times, while JW's are still stuck on going door to door witnessing, street corner (while people are trying to get to work, not trying to be bothered with someone giving them a magazine about religion) passing out magazines, doing telephone witnessing, and letter writing.

Most people dont even read magazines anymore (most people dont even have magazines subscriptions anymore) the majority of people are on the internet (or on their cell phones texting and chatting) on these websites (ex: facebook, twitter, youtube, etc). If the message is so urgent, lifesaving, and life altering, why wont the watchtower 'get with times' sort of speak. Why are they still stuck in the 1950's?

• Joliette
    Joliette

I was gonna add, also, that I'm shocked that the watchtower even has an official website, but I dont think thats enough. Its a start, but I really think thats a good start, but like I said in my previous post, if its such an urgent message, then why do they still do the majority of their preaching like they did in the 1950's? And to add also, most people arent home during the day-there at work, helping their kids out, with relatives, family, etc.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I've always wondered how they explain that they have an official website, yet admonish the brothers and sisters to stay away from the internet. I remember my mother always gave one of her Jdub influenced double-talking answers whenever I asked her that.

• life is to short
    life is to short

This is just what I said in my last post. They are doing the preaching work like they did in the 50's no one goes d2d selling stuff anymore, it is almost considered rude now. I just do not see how they can last without keeping up with the tech world.

LITS

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah...I think the world is getting a little too impersonal in a way, so I think the whole door to door thing is really personal-BUT on the flip side, the truth is, most people just arent home nowadays, thats just the plain ol truth. And if you approach them on the street, most people will think your crazy and just runaway.

Has anyone watched RENO 911? OMG I saw this episode where the police officers approached some witnesses that didnt have a permit to 'preach' in the neighboorhood they were in, they started having a discussion about the bible, they disagreed on some things, and they witnesses got angry, and the witnesses put the police officers in a headlock, cause they didnt believe in the 144,000...omg, lol.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've always wondered how they explain that they have an official website, yet admonish the brothers and sisters to stay away from the internet.

Because the website is not really for the benefit of the rank and file. It's a marketing tool to rope in the uniformed, to make the wt look something close to normal.

• Joliette
    Joliette

With the whole twitter thing, I just imagine some of the 'tweets' the watchtower would get...omg...that would be hilarious!

Or what they would tweet to people, and who they would 'follow.' LOL.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" It's a marketing tool to rope in the uniformed, to make the wt look something close to normal "

You said it Mrs Jones

• factfinder
    factfinder

I read that there are over 300 million magazine subscriptions in the United States alone! I and millions of others DO read magazines!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

They should but they wont!

it will be covered in apostates like a dead cow in a Phirana pool.

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit