With modern technology how long can the truly keep going?

by life is to short 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Look what modern technology has done for the people in Egypt!!!!!

• wasblind
    wasblind

You tell it LITS,

and by the way , great post

• unshackled
    unshackled

Tuesday...here ya go...

• unshackled
    unshackled

They've been pushing the "did this happen by chance or was it designed?" garbage reasoning since the blue Evolution book. Now is a monthly feature in the Asleep!

"Chance" is not the only alternative to "design". They might as well say "What do you think? Did the bacterial flagellum fall out of Abe Vigota's ass or was it designed?"

• metatron
    metatron

I strongly suspect that their business model is collapsing. Print magazines and gather donations just doesn't cut it anymore. In addition, they keep cutting back on whatever little infrastructure they have while demanding more compliance.

Facebook? the Internet? College? They are rapidly becoming irrelevant.

metatron

• life is to short
    life is to short

Metaron I totally agree, one of the last S.A.D. days I went to the DO was making fun of tweeter, then he said he did not have a clue what it was. I am sure to the young ones there he looked so stupid. He was going on like who would want to tweet anyway what ever it means. They have got to cut that out, those stupid remarks are going to cost them.

LITS

• wasblind
    wasblind

" the more educated slaves became, the more they came to resist the slavery. Of course the slave owners wouldnt want that.

And most of them were too busy being forced to work a ton of hours and even if they were allowed to study, likely did not have the time because if they didnt get their work done they were punished "

That's a qoute I found on slavery that reminds me so much of the WatchTower Organization

The similarities cannot be ignored. The Internet and college is too dangerous for this cult

it most certainly cause them to bleed membership. just like the slave owners of the past

the WT try to keep their followers busy with the preaching work, so they won't have the time

to learn anything else.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Life is too short, you have to take into account the other things that effect a religion like the Jehovah's witnesses and the fact that they've gone through one radical upheaval in the past where they made dramatic changes. I'm referring to the Rutherfordian era.

If things were to remain the same in society, then you would have a point. They may see a drastic reduction in numbers like what happened during Rutherford's iron fisted rule but it would still be possible for them to adapt.

I myself don't see the Jehovah's Witnesses disappearing due to social changes that I see forthcoming. Apocalyptic religions like theirs thrive on insecurity and social upheaval. They're only likely to die out when there's social stability for a long time, let's say 2-3 generations in order for the die hards to totally disappear and the religion becomes a faint grandchild's memory.

Believe me, we're stable right now but it won't stay that way for long.

As soon as stuff really starts hitting the fan worldwide, in 10 to 20 years, this religion, even if it has dwindled in numbers, will get a steroid shot which will give it the opportunity to reinvent itself, as it has previously done. Technology would be irrelevant because the Governing Body could make use of it themselves as soon as the will surfaces.

Reality, including social reality, is multi-dimensional and we have to see the whole picture. The Jehovah's Witnesses have done a lot to mess themselves up but so has this country and civilization itself. In the long run all things die out but within our short lifespans tyrannies last.

Still, I hope I'm wrong about the Witnesses, but something just as evil is likely to fill the vacuum.

Oh yes, I left my reasons for believing that society will destabilize unsaid, but that's another story.

Villabolo

• wasblind
    wasblind

" As soon as stuff really starts hitting the fan worldwide, in 10 to 20 years, this religion, even if it has dwindled in numbers, will get a steroid shot which will give it the opportunity to reinvent itself, as it has previously done."

I agree, because their truth changes to fit their need to survive

2 Corinthians 11:14 " And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps transforming himself into an angel of light "

New light that is

• villabolo
    villabolo

wasblind: "New light that is "

The lies get brighter and brighter.

Villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit