My JW Neighbor Died

by Farkel 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Farkel
    Farkel

I posted some time ago about my JW neighbor and how my other neighbors mowed her yard as a courtesy. She was old and wheel-chair bound and they were good Samaritans. They were NOT dubs. I also posted how she yelled at them about their language and lectured them when she heard one of them use the "f" word when they were helping her for FREE!

Well, she died along wth her self-righteousness and arrogance. She was a dub and lived and died as a self-righteous and arrogant dub. Each time I paid her a visit, she was sitting in the same chair and was always reading Watchtower shit, the same shit that defined her and molded her.

She had friends and/or family who visited her and looked after her as she couldn't really take care of all of her needs herself. These people were obviously good and caring people.

I was told by a neighbor that she had cancer, but refused ALL treatments that she was qualified for to deal with it. I pray that she is in a better place than the one she made for herself while still alive. Ergo, she refused to remain alive when there were ways to keep her alive.

The last time I paid her a visit it was after Christmas but before this New Year. I wished her a happy New Year. When I was a dub, we could not wish people back a Merry Christmas. All we could say was "thank you." But we COULD wish them a happy New Year. So, knowing that, I did wish her a happy New Year. Her answer?

"Thank you."

Strange.

Farkel

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Good Evening Farkel..

Old Dubs are funny..

I seen them ignore medical advise and medicine..They don`t think they`re going to die..

How could they possibly die..They`re Jehovahs Witness`s!..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

Actually, i give her credit for taking and keeping control of the treatment/nontreatment of her health. It's HER life, afterall. However, it's the only credit i give her.

S

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Maybe she had so many bad thoughts about Jehovah for not bringing Paradise already, that she figured she would get judged as wicked at Armageddon.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Maybe she refused the treatment because she saw the cancer as her ticket into the new system?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Maybe she refused the treatment because she saw the cancer as her ticket into the new system?

good point and that is most likely the case in many instancies, I believe my auntie refused treatment for her cancer for that very reason.

• laverite
    laverite

Bless the poor soul. She thought Armageddon was THIS close...so close it could almost singe the hairs in her nose if she were to breath deeply enough. Surely Armageddon would be here before the cancer could get her, right? What could chemo do for her that Jehovah couldn't?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Well, peace to her. I hope she is in a better place (though not the place that she expected) and I hope she has learned something in the transition.

Farkle, something just occurred to me regarding the old school Witnesses refusing medical treatment. They trudge through this life with nothing but the carrot of "Paradise Earth" (tm) giving them steam. No matter how tired and used up they are, they still have to get hours in SERVICE door to door (or otherwise) and no matter HOW miserable they are, they CAN'T take their own life and expect any reward.

So, what IS the reward of staying in this life one lived solely for the WTBTS? Not much that I can think of. Getting a terminal illness sounds like a "get out of tribulation free" card. You wake up, and... bingo! No more field service!!!! And you get to pet pandas.

Never really thought of a JW's view of life this way before. No wonder they don't mind refusing blood...

and it chills mine.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

She must have been one of the annointed.

And even if someone was raking my yard for free and offended me with language, racial biogtry or whatever..I would speak up about it. If that makes me self righteous and arrogant, then so be it. If they didn't like it they could leave. If someone is pushing misplaced patriotism, bad language, bigotry or anything else that offends me I would not want their help either. Better to have them leave and let my leaves stay.

That she refused cancer treatment was a smart thing to do. From what I have seen I believe a lot of the medical profession are conducting experiments on people and putting them through things that are worse than the disease.

During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them. (Revelation 9:6)

I think there are many instances where this is already happening when people are kept alive and suffering and are being used for medical experimentations.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, for the yelling at the people mowing the lawn because they used dirty language, that sure sounds disappreciative. They are not being paid to do this work, and what if they were to simply stop doing it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit