Losing Faith

by cappytan 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Miles
    Miles

Heaven,

Christoper Hitchens, lol, I have not heard that name in a long time, loved that guy. Anyhow, it's interesting to see the torture of so many in here. I grew up in the truth but for some reason It never touched me as deep as most of you here. As a matter of fact I could never bring myself to get baptized, which in retrospect was a good thing.

My mother and brother are still going so I still have a connection I guess. It must be so tough to have a spouse that you love still believing in it so much and you are thinking of leaving, I feel for you.

• Giordano
    Giordano

First off make sure you delete your computer searches on any internet devices you use. A lot of people on this forum have been 'caught' by mates or roommates because of internet use.

Jehovahs witnesses value sincerity........... if you can fake that you've got it made............ for the time being.

The general consensus is to go slow. Take the pressure off of yourself. Your issue is with the WTBTS not with a belief in God, Jesus or even the bible at this time. If that follows.......... it will be like giving up on Santa Claus. One year you were a believer the next your thanking the people who actually gave you a gift. If you never celebrated XMas as a child forget about that last point.

The Society has been very deceptive at times...very dishonest as well as reckless with their two witness rule concerning pedophies, their blood policy, education, the health of their followers and Armageddon.

They coerce their members by promoting shunning. How many leave tomorrow if they dropped the shunning. I think 20 to 30 percent would leave. According to PEW over 60% of born-ins stop attending.

If you look at it carefully you will notice that they have conflated their Bethel culture into their religious teachings. So you can be DF for a wide range of things that isn't mentioned in the NT. However by cherry picking the OT they can keep on adding sin's.

Their dogma now applies to grooming, health care, marital sex practices, childhood toys. They even frown on two door cars.

Keep in mind that this religion is a 19th century religion nurtured by four deeply troubled Presidents. Russell, Rutherford, Knorr and finally the half mad Freddy Franz. Between the four of them only Freddy had a year or two of college.

Every one of us or just about everyone here has had to move carefully to preserve their marriage and at least a few family members. If and when they sense or find out you are no longer a True Believer.

Don't argue the stuff that witnesses don't care about like 607.

A true religious believer stays within the boundaries of 'rational ignorance'. Rational ignorance occurs when the cost of educating oneself on an issue exceeds the potential benefit that the knowledge would provide.

Or as Eric Hoffer said “It is startling to realize how much unbelief is necessary  to make belief possible”.

• kairos
    kairos

Welcome!

Research is key to successfully undoing the effects of brainwashing/mind control. I must have been spending 3-6 hours a day for a number of months until finding new topics to cover became more effort.

Proving to yourself, using the passage of time and the WT publications as tools makes it simple to show what WT really is.

PM's are of course, always welcome.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Reviving this thread for all the new ones!

Worth a read!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit