The GB really do not want us to think for ourselves Mar 15th WT

by life is to short 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• flipper
    flipper

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- The WT society doesn't print this mind control drivel for no reason. It's usually damage control within their JW ranks which propels even MORE controlling articles. I.e., Example : " Stay away from the Internet , we give you all the info you need. " Translation : Many JW's are logging onto the Internet researching negative , truthful information exposing the WT society - thus they warn JW's to not log onto the Internet.

With THIS article they are probably having lots of reports of witnesses not buying into the " overlapping generation " theory - so thus the more aggressive, controlling information WARNING JW's to still consider the end is " close " . It's total damage control to control the masses of Witnesses. Really sad

• designs
    designs

Test for ascertaining if religion has control of your life: Do you worry about the eternity of unbelievers.

• therevealer
    therevealer

I can not say that I ever knew anyone who exuded the notion of how wonderful the pioneering was. A challenge, determined to make it work, yes but not enjoyable. I always felt sympathy for the ones who chose for one reason or another to do it when they were the lone pioneer, always begging ones to accompany them. Yuk, Yuk, Yuk.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I know that some of you might think that I really should be reading the WT

You should NOT be reading the WT. You left out the word NOT. But yes, I am one who agrees that you really should NOT be reading the WT.

You make a valid-sounding argument, but the problem is that you are so wound up about the WTS. They burned you bad. They hurt you. They hurt innocents. You hate that innocents are hurt. You read looking for what's wrong with it.

There's plenty wrong with it. But hey, I will save my (figurative) breath.

I know it is what they have been saying since I was a baby but how long can they keep this up. How long can they keep pushing and pushing and pushing for us to do more, more, more.

PT Barnum says there is one born every minute. They will be able to continue pushing for quite a while.

Oh, I am sending you a PM. Please check it out.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SLIPNSLIDE: I know exactly what you mean when you talk about married sisters with husbands supporting them who make idiotic suggestions that somebody ELSE take a foolish leap and jeopardize their livelihood. I would like to see these stupid people do this. This is why I had no tolerance for certain married women in that religion. The stupidest things came out of their mouths. God help anybody who is foolish enough to heed this insane advice - especially in this day and age. These same married women would RUN from anybody who DID.

• bobld
    bobld

LITS thanks for those points.May I add why did they use those examples less hours of work to do more cult recruiting when they cut down on aux hours to 30 per month.Sell your house didn't they use that back in 1960/70.Some did quit their full time jobs sold their house only to fine that they are in their 60ies/70ies no pension and working like a dog.Some disobayed the GB and had children that now look after their elderly parents.The end will be soon for those evil doers in. And they use the same old sh$t I guess it works for SATAN .

B

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

All this nonsense would be quite laughable - were it not for the fact that anybody who takes it seriously is going to harm themselves.

They have been preaching the same cracked record for one-and-a-half centuries, and how many generations of believers have acted on this "advice" to their detriment?

i.e. Declining to undertake College Education, putting off having families, not preparing for old age (a sore point with me these days - staring down the barrels of that, and with no retirement savings to speak of - all donated to the WTS!)

I regard them (the JWs) as a straight out menace in the community.

Bill.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I will not tell anyone they shouldn't be reading this littera-trash. I will say that you should not heed the advice contained therein--go ahead and read it, if you view it as entertainment or are preparing for the time you might be forced or dragged back in or to help someone out.

As for that lame "I cut back my work and was able to do more for Jehovah" excuse, I don't know how many times I heard that crap. What they leave out is that this leaves them with no room for problems. What if the government decides to create a fake energy or food shortage in your area? If you have "surplus", you can plan ahead for that. Getting candles, batteries (I prefer the rechargeable ones), quality flashlights (the best ones can cost more than $150), lanterns, and battery chargers now will protect you when they start doing rolling blackouts. Can't happen? California already had a fake energy crisis started by Enron in 2000. And, if gas and/or food gets too expensive because of a fake shortage (or a real one), you can get a backup plan.

Also, if I could live on 20% less now, now might be a good time to invest that 20% in hard assets. Durable goods are the priority. Do you have crap that is on its last legs? Now is the time to ditch it and get good products that are going to last 20, 30, 50, or more years so, when your currency becomes toilet paper, you will not have to replace things so quickly. Once that is done, physical possession of gold (or preferably silver, which is currently underpriced compared to gold) will provide a measure of security. It might not provide security "in Jehovah's day" (and neither will trusting in Jehovah). But, if your bank closes and you lose your money in it, or hyperinflation destroys the value of your money, your gold and silver will be able to get you through it. And, even if not, with gold at $1300 an ounce, fair value for silver is around $80 per ounce using the standard 16 to 1 ratio. It is now under $30, a steal.

Will your "treasures(??)" in heaven appreciate like that? I don't think so.

• alanv
    alanv

The language now from the society is exactly the same as it was in the late 60s. At that time my best friend and I were persuaded to give up our jobs and become regular pioneers. As my friend said to me ' what is the point if this system is soon to finish. We did car washing 2 days a week to support ourselves. A few years later we both got married ( to different girls I hasten to add) So we then had to stop pioneering and get full time jobs. But it was hard and we had to rely on government benifits as we had no money saved.

• designs
    designs

alanv-

Remember how they use to parade us on stage at Circuit Assemblies, the young and mighty Pioneers. Nothing like messing with impressionable young minds that need a little self esteem boost. It suckered us to get more involved, eeesh.

Glad to see you here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit