Remember the 80's?

by cantleave 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

A couple of photos to give you a laugh - Me with a Perm and on Our Wedding Day.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Is that you or David Hasselhoff in the first photo?

• undercover
    undercover
    Remember the 80's?

Unfortunately...

Nice photos... at least you graduated to "Miami Vice" fashion before the decade ended... heh heh

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Wow, thats crazy. That shirt, dude what the? Pink, top buttons opened to show off chest hair......wow. Magnum PI sunglasses twenty years before they came back in style.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Not me. I was still a youngin...

• cantleave
    cantleave

MLE they never went out of style in my book. That was the look I was told to get rid of before they could appoint me an MS. The perm was done by a Circuit Overseers Sister.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I was in high school in the '80's. LOVED IT! Love the '80's!

I'm knitting a bulky sweater dress and will pair it with leggings and a silver belt and boots.

The 80's are never out of style!

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Let me ask you then, regarding the perm, were you into the whole synth, new wave scene? Flock of Seagulls, Duran Duran, Modern English, and all that other stuff?

• cantleave
    cantleave

MLE - I went through a New Wave phase but preferred Japan to Duran Duran, I saw Spandau Ballet in Concert 3 times. TBH I was listening more to 70's prog rock and 80's Metal than the new wave stuff. I tried growing my hair long and wearing Denim, but it didn't go down too well.

I wish I had some hair now, I would wear down to my shoulders.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask

Yes, I remember the 80's well. The 60's not so much (which meant I was there). Got married in the early 70's - I wore a purplish tux with a frilly shirt, hair cropped just above my shoulders, moustache and mutton chops, platform heels. I looked like a complete dork. In comparison, you look very normal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit