"Look it wasn't a global flood.."

by Qcmbr 118 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty
    I'm sure Mr. Dawkins had nothing to do with your conclusions?

No he didn't have any influence on my rejection of faith, that was long before his "God Delusion" book.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That was tongue in cheek. Just being sarcastic. :-)

• laverite
    laverite

One of the things that I like about Brother Dan is that he's read widely on various points of view, from the Bible and Christianity to Dawkins, Harris, etc. I'm hoping to one day have some great conversations on the Bible, faith, evolution, atheism, etc. with Bro. Dan.

• cofty
    cofty

I'm sorry its difficult to understand how anybody who has read real science can view Ken Hamm as anything other than a blithering idiot.

• tec
    tec
    It is wishful thinking with absolutely no foundation in the real world. I cannot understand this incredible rejection of solid reliable science among religious people.

I didn't reject it. I just listed it as one of other possible things rendering the opening post's claim of ABSOLUTE debunking of Christianity, not absolute. I have no (religious) reason to reject or accept the science of a global flood - no matter what timeframe it could have occurred in.

Qcmbr - (for when you get back up) No offense taken about the gnostic comment- OTWO suggested it once before also. But I checked out the site he linked me to, and that didn't really fit either. Now, I'm not going to pretend that I don't like NOT being pigeon-holed , but I'm not avoiding it on purpose. Believe me I searched for the place where I fit after I stopped studying with the JW's. I finally just decided that I fit wherever I fit - hopefully in the Body of Christ.

Tammy

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Because he is one of the rare true bible believers. He doesn't give excuse to anything that the Bible says. I like his approach that you take it all or you take none of it.

Like I've said in the past, cofty, I don't think I know it all. In fact I know how little I know. I don't know where I will be 1 year from now spiritually. But at this point I have no argument with the Bible that disturbs me.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Hey laverite,

You watch modern family?

• laverite
    laverite

Brother Dan - No I haven't ever seen it. I've seen one clip from it on youtube, though. If memory serves, the clip I saw had something to do with two hysterical parents freaking out when their child got locked in a car?

I've been told it's pretty good.

• cofty
    cofty
    Because he is one of the rare true bible believers. He doesn't give excuse to anything that the Bible says. I like his approach that you take it all or you take none of it.

Why do you view that as a virtue? Is it not identical to the mindset that is required of JWs? A literal understanding of the bible can only be sustained by denying almost everything that human knowledge has achieved since the enlightenment, why would anybody do that to themselves?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Lav, there is a gay couple on it that are hilarious. Your personality reminds me of one of them. Random thought... :-)

Is it not identical to the mindset that is required of JWs?

Absolutely not! They will believe the WT over the Bible. If the Bible says one thing, and the WT makes it say something else, the good JW will choose the WT every time.

I respect belief in an inerrant Bible very much. It takes quite a lot of courage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit