Super Bowl XLV

by Iron Head 95 Replies latest social physical

• Simon
    Simon

Ok, I'm sorry but c'mon North Amerca ... WTF is WRONG with you?!

THIS IS NOT SPORT OR ENTERTAINMENT !!

It's like 'action, OK ... 3 seconds, we're done, cut for commercial break'.

Really? When the advertisements that are going to be shown during the premier sprting event are a 'big thing' then something is plain WRONG.

Lets forget real football (soccer for you luddites), lets take Cricket. It has more fans than American Football, Basketball, Baseball (OMG, boring !!) and Hockey (not too bad but just 'cause I'm 'Canadian' now and want to live) put together (and then some).

So much of the broadcast is just crowds of people milling around on the touchline but not much happening. Show more cheerleaders for christsake!!

Do yourselves a favor - watch the 6-nations rugby. Forget about taking part for now because you'll get creamed and you can't just claim you won the 'world series' for sports other people play but 40 minutes of non stop action per half will change how you think about sport.

It's not about padding, or statistics ... it's about passion and action.

• tec
    tec

Did Simon just come in here and crap all over our NFL thread????

Tammy

• poppers
    poppers

THIS IS NOT SPORT OR ENTERTAINMENT !!

Well, if you'd been raised in the US you'd probably feel different.

• Simon
    Simon
    Well, if you'd been raised in the US you'd probably feel different.

I nearly comitted on the carpet during the pre-game "American is brilliant and loves freedom and equality" indoctrination crap.

Did Simon just come in here and crap all over our NFL thread????

Yeah - real football and rugby rule. Ice-hockey is OK too (shhh, I'm in Canada ... if I criticise Hockey they'll go mental !!)

• Simon
    Simon

I just love how American's love free-speech so that I can tell them how much their favorite sports suck.

God bless America !

(BTW: I preferred your old national anthem ... the lyrics on the new one weren't as good IMO)

• tec
    tec
    (shhh, I'm in Canada ... if I criticise Hockey they'll go mental !!)

I only live three hours away from you, you know.

• Simon
    Simon
    I only live three hours away from you, you know

LOL. We Canadians are easy to reach ... we're all massed at the border "waiting to invade" (About four-fifths of Canada's population lives within 150 kilometres (93 mi) of the United States Border - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada).

I just like to wind people up.

American Football isn't for me. When we got our 4th (!) terrestrial TV channel in the UK many years ago the only sport they could afford to show was American Football and they had a good half-hour show each week where they explained the rules and showed the highlights of the weeks action (this was when 'the refrigerator' was playing). The highlights were exciting to watch and then, one year, they got to show the SUPER BOWL live! (at like 4:00 in the morning because of the time difference) but we'd watched the highlights all those years and thought it was going to be epic and awesome !!

So, it turns out that the highlights of the 20 or whatever games played during a week condensed into 30 minutes is WAY more impressive than a real live match, even when it's the final. After they showed the SuperBowl live the rating took a bit of a dive I think and interest wained. It just wasn't exciting to people used to watching 45 minutes of uninterrupted action (soccer / rugby) and not as much pre- and pos- match hype.

I'll leave you to your SuperBowl. I watch it every year thinking "maybe I'm wrong and should give it another try" and every year I sit here thinking "nope, same crap".

erm ... Go Flames !!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Ok, I'm sorry but c'mon North Amerca ... WTF is WRONG with you?!

I'm sure you'll be happy to tell us.

Great game. I felt bad for Woodson, and Donald Driver, as well. The two guys who wanted it the most didn't even get to finish. But at least they got their rings.

Nobody can say Aaron Rodgers can't win a big game anymore.

Now all the rabid Favre supporters who are still stuck in 1998 can officially STFU.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I'm from Pittsburgh, and though I'm disappointed in the result, Green Bay deserved to win. If I had to choose between Penguins and Steelers, Penguins all the way. Don't tell Steeler fans I just said that. By the way, Malkin out for the year, Crosby out another month, just lost to the Crapitals, somehow that makes me feel worse than losing Super Bowl.

• Violia
    Violia

Yes God Bless America and Football. Green Bay won. Better it would have been the Cowboys in the SB, but at least it was in Dallas in our new stadium .

Oh and God Bless all the folks who have things to advertise during the Super Bowl game. They provide jobs and a paycheck for folks. The Super Bowl commericals are fun.

Grinch Alert!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit