Super Bowl XLV

by Iron Head 95 Replies latest social physical

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Steelers!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I am from Southwestern Pennsylvania. It's an exciting time for Pittsburgh sports (Minus the Pirates yet I still follow them religiously).

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Packers, of course. A fairly high-scoring game for the defenses involved.

GB 31 Pittsburgh 27

• sd-7
    sd-7

I'm betting against everyone and saying Steelers, 24-7. But my heart says Packers, 34-17. Super Bowls always have scores like "34-17" or "42-28" or something. There'll be a great fumble return in there somewhere, probably the result of a Captain America preview on the big screen just before the ball is snapped...

--sd-7

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Steelers 21-10.

GO STEELERS!

• Iron Head
    Iron Head

Steelers 21-10.

GO STEELERS!

Good call, Ada.

I find it amazing that so many peole are picking the Packers, who haven't been to the SB in 14 years and have a total of 2 players on their roster with SB experience (and both were on the losing team), over the Steelers who are in the Championship Game for the 3rd time in 6 years, with 17 players with two rings and 25 players returning from Super Bowl XLIII

The reason: The football world is in love with Aaron Rodgers.

This too shall pass

Message to Mr. Rodgers: The Steel Curtain comes down on your neighborhood, Feburary 6, 2011

• Iron Head
  • Iron Head
    Iron Head

Troy Polamalu named 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

You gotta love a guy who doesn't talk the talk, he just walks the walk. This guy is total class. He lets his play on the field say everything he wants to say

His interview with former Steeler Hall Of Famer Rod Woodson, humble as always:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-0dyJXXadQ

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I had hoped that Clay Matthews would get defensive player of the year, but it's tough to argue with Polamalu. He certainly made the greatest, and most impactful defensive play of the year with his strip of Joe Flacco.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    How do you not favor the team playing for their 3rd ring in 6 years?

I think momentum plays a big factor. If the Jets would have beat the Steelers I would guess that the Jets would be about 2 points ahead in the spread. Being the 6 seed and going into everybody's back yard and taking care of business is no small feat. I think it's gonna be a pretty even game with the Steelers winning by 4.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit