Rahm Emanuel Off The Ballot In Chicago Per The Court!

by minimus 63 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Switching now back onto the topic:

The legalistic side of me says that the residence law is pretty simple, and Emanuel needs to live IN CHICAGO for a year before he runs. His lawyers were trying to transmute the voters registration law into candidate law, and this is what the court decision rejected.

The cynical side of me says that the notorious Chicago political machine has handpicked Emanuel as their candidate and that the courts will somehow set aside the law. His lawyers are doing an emergency appeal today to prevent the city from printing ballots with his name missing.

It is, in my opinion, sort of a stupid law - how does just living there one year prove you are not a carpetbagger? Having said that, it also is a clear indication that Rahm is exactly what I have always thought - a self-centered political partisan who thinks he is above the rules.

• minimus
    minimus

He's a punk.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    He's a punk.

I am guessing you mean Rahm? Given the syntax of the thread, there may be room for more than one...

• minimus
  • james_woods
    james_woods

Further - on this topic - the morning TV news made the statement that "the mayor of Chicago is one of the most powerful political offices in the U.S." -

It made me wonder WHY? Including the question of why Emanuel wants it so bad...

Isn't the mayor of any city (including NYC or LA) just supposed to be the executive in charge of city business? Yes, I know about the legacy of the Daly political machine and so on - but it seems like (as usual in Chicago) there is a lot going on here behind the scenes.

• minimus
    minimus

he's back on the ballot

• james_woods
    james_woods
    he's back on the ballot

Yup - White House made a call on his behalf. There are rules, and then there are Chicago rules.

• minimus
    minimus

Unbelievable! But like I said, before, if The President doesn't have to prove he's a US citizen, what do you expect?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

He's back on.

BTS

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I get my "Intelligence" from the people known as the "White Hats"

"White Hats" or "tin-foil hats"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit