Lack of Windows on KH

by Band on the Run 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is amazing how such a small detail reflects the tone of the Society. Super nerds even in building. I chose stained glassed windows. Twelve Step programs trigger me when grey folding chairs are used. I am so glad I fled.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Here are the rules in the UK.

All new Halls are built to exactly the same pattern with the same fittings inside and out. The only choices the individual congregations have are the colours of the carpets and curtains. You can go into any new KH anywhere in the country and the Hall is exactly the same.

Being involved in quick builds used to be fun (and a way of avoiding meetings/field service. Now you can't even tell where youare. it is so repetitive and totally boring.

Talking of insurance by the way, that is a levy paid direct to the society. In the event of a claim, the letter come back saying if possible please pay for this damage/loss yourselves if you can. Please remember that any money paid out will come straight from the world wide work, if you can afford to replace or repair things yourselves, please do. They don't mind getting the premiums though.

Can you imagine society architectur post armagedon?

Slidin Fast

• man in black
    man in black

I was told back in the late 70's that having no windows was an idea to help protect the halls when the big A comes. People will not be able

to destroy the hall as easily.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Funny, all the KH's here have windows and I have never seen any without windows..

I have a lot of fond memories of staring out the window on a Sunday morning and waiting for the time to pass so the family could go have some fun..

Snoozy

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

So right about post-Armageddon architecture. It reminds me of the Nazi architect, Albert Speers, works. Truly depressing.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    Or that the JWs need the artificial light to nurture their artificial hope....

I like that!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit