Lack of Windows on KH

by Band on the Run 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When I active, KH had windows. The classier one had glass walls. I notice as I go about urban areas that they no longer have windows. May I ask why? I would feel utterly suffocated without windows. Sun is impt for health reasons. What happened?

• pirata
    pirata

I beleive the lack of windows is mainly for security/maintenance reasons. In my area, all the newer halls have glass windows and glass entrance doors. Once in a while someone chucks a rock at the window/door and we have to replace the glass.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No windows in a Kingdom Hall serves 2 purposes..

It keeps all the JW Window Washers minds off their Jobs..

And..

It prevents anyone from Jumping to their Death..

During a mind numbing meeting..

......................... ...OUTLAW

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The KH here not only has no windows, it's also surrounded by a large iron fence.

It's the only building around there that looks like a fortress.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Good perspective Outlaw never thought about that one.

Another thing to consider is that these are now done in the quick build fashion.

Every window you place in a wall takes time (labor) and money to accomplish this.

Other reasons such as ......

Security, windows in Halls are known to be broken by members of the public who hate the JWS, a complacent reality.

Windows are also terrible energy losers in regards to heating issues.

It has also been noted that windows brings in ambient light which sometimes gets into peoples eyes when looking up at the podium.

My old Hall which was renovated back in the early 80's had all of the its windows closed over, there is not one window now in the entire building.

It did have a nice ambient warm feel it it at one time, but as the last time I was there the feeling in the place is rather cold with bright florescent

lighting.

• steve2
    steve2

Simple compelling answer: reduce impact of vandalism.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Do you think the Witnesses are targeted more for vandalism. All my Anglican churches have stained glass windows. Windows that could never be replaced. They went up before federal income tax of the wealthy. An alternative would have to be found. I don't see Catholics or other churches covering their windows.

It says something to me about aesthetics. Whenever I went to some event in Brooklyn Heights, my colleagues expressed much grief at the plastic flowers in a real flower district. Years ago I would dismiss windows and fresh flowers as diversions. Now they are very important. Art feeds my soul as does daylight. Flourescent lights are hell for me. I installed some at home for energy reasons. Within 15 minutes, I retrieved the incadescent builbs from the trash and tossed the flourescent lights.

• laverite
    laverite

A fortress will stand a better chance during The Great Tribulation (TM).

• Chalam
    Chalam

They love the darkness. They don't want any light in there if possible.

John 8:12 (New International Version, ©2010)

12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

In my area, one rural congregation had their new hall built with no windows. It caused quite a stir in the community. Every time they went out in service,the main question was,"Why no windows?" It's not like it is a high crime area out in the sticks. So, they recently put in a little window.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit