Lack of Windows on KH

by Band on the Run 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

No windows = cheaper insurance.

No windows also = one JW window washer losing a customer LOL.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Growing up we went to many halls that were converted houses, which had windows.

When we built our own, windows were left out so there would be fewer distractions during the meetings.

• steve2
    steve2

It's hilarious what non-witnesses make of a religious hall that has no windows. It's all so sinister and dramatic.

Imaginative - although probably far too provocative for some - is to simply assert that child sacrifice is best done away from the prying eyes of passerby; hence no windows. Or, the JWs need the privacy for carrying out their weird masonic-lie initiation rites. Or that the JWs need the artificial light to nurture their artificial hope....

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Here in Australia, all the KHs I've seen have windows.

The only building I've seen without windows is a Masonic Hall which was built a few years ago. Where there's supposed to be windows, it's bricked up.

It gives a really weird vibe not having any real windows.

• blondie
    blondie

There tended to be windows in buildings before HVAC.

It is cheaper to building structures without windows.

Insurance costs are lower.

Religious buildings tend to be vandalized more than others.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Are there other groups that omit windows? I haven't noticed any. When my brother and I discussed it to check notes, we just thought it was the zany JW separateness from the world. I left long ago and admit being assimilated into the world (and desire more assimilation), there is something spiritual bankrupt with the absence of windows. Are they savings that huge? I am shocked that building codes do not require windows.

It is like a bunker in a war zone now.

I attended NYU Law School. The work is so intensive. It faces WAshington Sq. so everyone else would be in the park enjoying the park while I had to wallk directly to class and the library. I would have lost my mind without the windows on Washington Sq. Park. It was so bad I could hear the acoustic guitars and all the Jersey kids. I remember sighing so hard that the entire class turned around to look at me.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Most of the reasons I can think of have been covered (cost, quick-build timetables, heating/AC, maintenance, vandalism). But there's one more thing I think enters into it: windows can be a distraction! It's not easy to sit still listening to somebody drone on about the coming destruction and anihilation when you can see what a beautiful day it is outside, especially for young children. Plain blank walls are less a temptation to day-dream.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They want to blah-ify life. To do this, they remove the windows. That will prevent the witlesses from looking outside at the rain, snow, fall foliage, Christmas decorations, sunshine, clouds, trees, or whatever else happens to be outside the windows instead of paying attention to the snore-bore talk. You get life reduced to the bare existence, throw in field circus and appeals for more donations, and the witlesses are ready to call any special campaign "a treat".

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

WTWizard - I like that word! - blah-ify....I am gonna use it in a sentence today :)

Our hall had windows , but it was also on a booshie side of town. I do remember one very disturbing thing about it however; the main color was pink. The chairs were pink, the walls were pink....and if I remember correctly the carpet was some shade of pink. It was like we were bathing in Pepto Bismol at all times...maybe to keep the "spiritual food" down?

:)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Most KH have no windows because they are structured to imitate a TOMB.

It is a death cult just like skull and bones and other Masonic groups.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit