Andres' Example In the March 1,2010 Watchtower

by EmptyInside 22 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, I never really paid attention before,until it was brought to my attention here on JWN,but Andre sure has a lot going on in his life.

I happened to see in the March 1,2010 Watchtower on page 21, the box on remarriage,the article is about the death of a marriage mate,Andres,was against his father remarrying. But,then, he realized marriage cheered his father up again.

I think finding Andre is a new fun game and makes it even worth glancing through the magazines again. lol.

Oh, I needed some comic relief today. Plus I realized that I had made my 666th post and needed to make it 667 real quick,I'm joking. I'm not paranoid about 666 anymore.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Oh, I needed some comic relief today.

Well, that's one way to describe what's written in the Botchtower ragazines.

Yeah, Andre sure is somethin'.

Thanks to pirata, here are some more of Andre's "goings on":

g9/09 p13: "We are servants of Almighty God and have done nothing wrong," replied Andre. The commanding officer grabbed a samurai sword from the wall and held it aloft. "What if I kill you now? he snarled.

w94 6:1 p6: On one occasion when his team played a tournament in Italy, they were invited to an audience with the pope. There was nothing spiritually upbuilding about the visit, and the worldy wealth that surrounded the pope upset Andre. His doubts about the Church deepened.

w 11/06 p18: A young man named Andre had similar thoughts [in regards to masturbation]: "I felt like such a hypocrite," he says. "It was a struggle to get out of bed in the morning and face the day."

g95 9/22 p6: French gambler Andre agrees: "When you've got FF10,000 on a horse and there are 100 metres to go, someone could tell you your wife or your mother had died and you wouldn't give a fig."

w87 7/22 p24: Young Andre adds: "The way you act at home is how you really are. When you go outside and associate with other people, sometimes you put on a whole different attitude. But when you're at home in an envoronment you're used to, you act the way you really are."

w92 10/1 p6: Simon Kimbunga and his successor Andre "Jesus" Matswa were hailed as messiahs. They died, but their followers still expect them to return and usher in an African millennium.

g90 4/8 p15: A youth named Andre observes: "A lot of youths wait until they are 17 or 18 to get baptized, which is a little old." Why? "Because long before that they're old enought to make other decisions for themselves."

g77 12/8 p 30: When six-year-old Andre's mother went into labor at home in New York, he was the only one there to help. "Go into the bathroom and fill a basin with hot water," he was instructed, and shortly the little boy "was helping his mother wash and was monitoring the delivery, telling her of the infant's progress,"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/202161/5/Latest-apostate-warning-in-Feb-15-2011-Watchtower (see page 5 on thread)

• moshe
    moshe

Wow, he sure gets around- I always suspected these people were sometimes just a fictional sword used by the WT writers to drive home a predetermined point.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

We can trace Andre's colorful life

In 1977 at age six, Andre helped deliver his infant sibling.

In 1987 as a teen (17) Andre was giving advice on how to get along with your brother or sister.

In 1990 he was urging youths to be baptised before they were 17 or 18.

In 2009, he was a father with adolescent kids of his own (w.09, 5/12, p.12).

By 2011, after many years as a JW, he started dipping into 'apostate' websites.

What will befall Andre next, I wonder?

• scary21
    scary21

LOL....please keep us posted on the new adventures! LOL LOL

• pirata
    pirata

Andre's back! (June 2011 Awake!)

p3:

“I WILL never forget that Monday morning at the post office," re?ected Andre, a white South African-born man living in Namibia. “The place was jam-packed with people. I saw a suspicious bag left unattended nearby. I asked for my mail and left. After driving for only about three minutes, I heard a tremendous blast. I later learned that a bomb had exploded a few feet from where I had been standing.”

“All I wanted was to get my mail,” explained Andre. “But to realize later that innocent people, a number of whom I knew, were blown to pieces was a great shock. I still shudder, even though this occurred over 25 years ago. At times, I have recollections of the carnage I later saw and realize how close to death I came.”

p9:

Millions of people worldwide are finding that study of the Bible builds in them confidence in a secure future. For example, one day Andre was showing a neighbor the Bible’s promise of a righteous new world. (Isaiah 2:4;11:6-9;65:17,21-25;2Peter3:13) Suddenly, soldiers with automatic weapons surrounded the house and ordered Andre to come out for questioning. After learning that Andre was a Bible teacher whom his neighbor greatly appreciated, the soldiers left.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Andre's back! (June 2011 Awake!)

p3:

“I WILL never forget that Monday morning at the post office," re?ected Andre, a white South African-born man living in Namibia. “The place was jam-packed with people. I saw a suspicious bag left unattended nearby. I asked for my mail and left. After driving for only about three minutes, I heard a tremendous blast. I later learned that a bomb had exploded a few feet from where I had been standing.”

“All I wanted was to get my mail,” explained Andre. “But to realize later that innocent people, a number of whom I knew, were blown to pieces was a great shock. I still shudder, even though this occurred over 25 years ago. At times, I have recollections of the carnage I later saw and realize how close to death I came.”

p9:

Millions of people worldwide are finding that study of the Bible builds in them confidence in a secure future. For example, one day Andre was showing a neighbor the Bible’s promise of a righteous new world. (Isaiah 2:4;11:6-9;65:17,21-25;2Peter3:13) Suddenly, soldiers with automatic weapons surrounded the house and ordered Andre to come out for questioning. After learning that Andre was a Bible teacher whom his neighbor greatly appreciated, the soldiers left.

ROFL !!!!

That's the funniest thing I have ever read.

• clarity
    clarity

Andre was born in 1971 (or maybe sooner) and he's still having trouble getting out of bed in the morning 'cause he's been doing..... well you know. This guy needs a life!

w 11/06 p18: A young man named Andre had similar thoughts [in regards to masturbation]: "I felt like such a hypocrite," he says. "It was a struggle to get out of bed in the morning and face the day."

clarity

• wasblind
    wasblind

What bothers me about this story is

1) Exactly where in Namibia did this occur ?

2) How come Andrea talks of major loss, and the news report something different concerning the post office,

this is all I could find from 25 years ago, if anyone can find an article that backs up the Awake please post

http://articles.latimes.com/1986-08-03/news/mn-1015_1_south-african

• JeffT
    JeffT

I want to know why, if he saw a "suspecious package," he didn't tell some one so they could evacuate the post office.

Andre seems rather self-abosrbed to me, although upon reflection I guess that makes him a typical JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit