Name some "superstar" Elders you know or met .

by Pitchess Co-Gen 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Marmite
    Marmite

In our district it was Reg Stokes, Frank Sartin, Mike Pitman. Those are the names who were always on the district assembly programme.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

In moberly mo...it was ron bauer! imagine a short bauld...asshole!! he's in CA somewhere now!

• Bamidbar
    Bamidbar

Keith Milkovich originally was an elder while in his mid 20s in the Barrington congregation.

He moved to the Arlington Heights congregation at the beginning of 1980.

He probably always had the ambition of being a CO because he really kissed up to and watched his attitude and behavior around the COs, especially one, William Kolandros, an alleged Greek speaker--he knew at least some Greek words.

Kolandros was the most interesting COs of that period. His talks were better than all the others and he had a terrific speaking voice. He was fat and married to a much younger (37, him in his late 50s) woman, a sweet-face but always unhappy looking woman named Roselyn (sp, pronounced Roz-eh-lyn). I remember him talking about her feelings about opting out of having children for the sake of the circuit work). I do not know if they ever had a baby some time after the period in which I knew them or if Sister Kolandros had be "fixed". Getting fixed was a not-frequent but regularly occurring thing in those days. The End was so close. LOL

Whenever the kolandros' were in town Keith and Mary were on exaggeratedly good behavior. It was funny, they were like different people, not as boisterous, pushy, fast-talkin', or quick with the snappy put-down come-backs.

Many years later when I heard Milkovich became a CO it made sense.

If any of you know the fate of Bill and Roselyn Kolandros I would find it interesting.

Orthodox Christianity historically was always opposed to contraception, including medicinal and surgical. It was only in the mid 20th century that many if not most of the greater protestant denominations caved on the position and gave approval to it. Many people today assume it is just a Catholic thing.

Another thing about the Milkoviches, they were continually preassuring people to get married, I mean particular persons. There were a lot of couples who got married at the push of the Keith and Mary. They were always telling singles to contact this or that other singles person of the opposite sex. The hilarious thing is that most of the couples they matched wound up getting divorced. Disaster after disaster without accountability. Of course it's the couples' faults too. But everything Milkovich would advise people on the elders and the CO would back up regardless of how stupid.

Throughout their run, Milkovich got cut a great deal of slack because often a congregation would be a bit quiet and lethargic and he and Mary's personalities would inject a bit of energy the elders felt it was lacking. That was true.

For years the Milkoviches were arm in arm with a couple they matched, the Wagers, who eventually divorced. The guy dropped out of sight while the woman re-married, to an elder named Mauer.

Milkovich and Mary mentored a lot of other pioneers--Oh by the way they themselves were pioneers all this time.

Before I sign off for now, I have a question.

In a Youtube posting of WT video about Gilead, I could swear Mary Milkovich appears. But in it she speaks in a thick foreign accent!!! Tell me, is that her? I would post the link, but I cannot find it. Sorry.

Cheers.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Our circuit had Ed Kretzinger, Danny Diaz, Jerry Brock, Clark Mcgee, there was another Mcgee, can't remember his name, Coorley, Pat Henry. There were others. That's all I recall.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

There were plenty who thought they were Superstars, the route to getting parts on the C.A and D.A's, here in the U.K, was to be a member of the RBC it seems, which of course did not guarantee you were a good speaker, let alone truly christian.

No matter, those guys got the parts every time, better speakers, some who I would even say were true "spiritual" (loving) men, were overlooked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit