Faith In Action DVD... A tribute to Freemasons

by Alfred 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Alfred
    Alfred

Very few people actually know this but the Watchtower DVD “Faith In Action” is actually a tribute to freemasonry. This DVD presents illustrations of several famous freemasons such as John Coustos (a Portuguese Grand Master from Lisbon circa 1740). The DVD actually presents two illustrations of Coustos being tortured by “the clergy” while the anonymous narrator denounces historic abuse from the clergy. The DVD even mentions John Calvin, the famous freemason who came up with the phrase “Great Architect of the Universe” used only by freemasons and Jehovah Witnesses. Other freemasons are also mentioned and there are also masonic symbols throughout the DVD. There’s even a picture of some brethren standing in front of masonic columns in what appears to be a park.

Also, did anyone notice the expression on GB member David Splane's face when he said: “we only see light when it’s God’s time to see light” ??? very spooky… but the "progessive light" teaching is very typical in freemasonry.

And if this weren’t enough, at the end of the DVD, the Watchtower actually extends its thanks to the freemason community in the closing credits… for example:

• Lizzie Palmer Fund: Charitable organization founded by Elizabeth "Lizzie" Palmer, the wife of Thomas W Palmer (1830-1913) a very influential freemason in Detroit.

• Bibliotheque nationale de France: The director of this public French library is Bruno Racine, a highly decorated freemason.

• The English Bible and its History: written by James Baikie, a freemason who held the title of “Outer Guard”. He also wrote "Peeps at Many Lands: Ancient Egypt".

• The History of Protestantism: written by James A Wylie, a freemason who wrote several Works condemning the Catholic church for its persecution of protestants. He was a member of Masonic Lodge #9 in Lebanon, NY.

• Ken Welsh: born in Brooklyn, he received the "Dewitt Clinton Masonic Award" for his service in the community.

I know this DVD has been discussed already but just I thought I’d mention its masonic content since I don’t think anyone has touched on this as of yet… Anyone else notice this?

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Freemason conspiracy theories are getting really, really old for me. I don't understand why so many ex-Dubs are obsessed with them. (Not saying you personally are, Alfred.) Is it just carry-over from that classic JW fear of anything "worldly"? Or are people watching too many Freemasons/Nostradamus/aliens specials on the History Channel?

• designs
    designs

I liked all of the Mason references in the movies From Hell and Sherlock Holmes, made for good plot advancement.

As for the Society and JWs in general a few have been Masons. There is a great photo of Fred Franz gesturing during an Assembly talk and his Masonic ring is clearly visible. What good it did them or what influence it gave them is hard to quantify. I knew a few Witnesses who became Masons for the business connections, it got one a face to face meeting with then President Reagan in the Oval Office.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Palimpsest... I wasn't really expecting any "oohs" or "aahs" when I posted this... I was just wondering if anyone happened to stumble across the same things if/when they viewed this DVD... Also, I have no interest in reading about Freemason conspiracy theories or any other secret organization nor do I watch any such programming on TV.

My only interest in posting this was to present the facts as objectively as possible... If you verify the content, you'll notice that I've done just that (without adding any element of fear or intrigue)...

That being said, everyone is free to draw their own conclusion based on these and other facts.... cheers!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Designs...

can you provide that picture pplease?

Alfred...

while i decided a while ago that there was no real masonic link to the WT those are still very interesting facts of the DVD, thanks

oz

• Alfred
    Alfred

Aussie... which picture are you referring to? There are quite a few throughout the DVD... But if you're referring to the 2 illustrations of Grand Master Coustos being tortured, these appear to have been taken from a book called "The Freemason" written by Eugen Lennhoff in 1932... also they may have been supplied by Ken Walsh (who is thanked at the end of the DVD)...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Palimpsest - "Freemason conspiracy theories are getting really, really old for me."

Yeah, no kidding. For chrissakes, people, the Masons and the Illuminati (assuming they even still exist) are not planning to take over the world!

Jeezus.

designs - "I liked all of the Mason references in the movies From Hell and Sherlock Holmes, made for good plot advancement."

Ditto.

I also like the Freemason philosophy/worldview...at least, the way it was portrayed in Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, anyway.

The alleged ritualish-ness and secrecy doesn't do anything for me, though.

• Alfred
    Alfred

what's all the fuss about? the DVD mentions freemasons and then thanks the freemason community in the closing credits... whatever conclusion you draw is up to you... I don't think I've implied or mentioned anything about them taking over the world or executing any other "secret agenda"... they're just a group of ignorant "programmed" people who unkowingly worship the Devil... beyond that, I don't think there's anything to worry about... chill...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

alfred - "... I don't think I've implied or mentioned anything about them taking over the world or executing any other "secret agenda"... "

Sorry, dude.

Just tired of all the paranoid/right-wing Freemason/Illuminati Alex Jones/prisonplanet wingnuttery that keeps popping up like the targets in a Whack-a-Mole game.

It's startin' to get to me.

Oy vey.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Expect the society to explain it away, they did it to get a freemason library card.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit