How does it feel to be reinstated ?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I've been disfellowshipped for about 2 years now and I was wondering whats it like to be reinstated ?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I would imagine it would feel like breaking out of jail only to be caught an hour later headed for the border. Like Shawshank except whenever he gets out of the shit-filled tunnel the guards are waiting for him.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

when i was reinstated, it made me so sick to my gut...I only did it to talk to

my siblings....I had to call it quits...I couldn't handle it.

My stepdad, their dad, molested me......and we had to play like the perfect family.

I only lasted a couple months!

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

freakin hilarious MrFreeze

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I'd say it would be like winning a huge hand in blackjack - only to be paid in monopoly money. In other words, you realized you won the game, but the prize was it's still a joke on you.

• alanv
    alanv

Every year some that get disfellowshipped apply to be reinstated. The main reason is that they want to be close to their family and friends again.

What you have to decide is whether it is worth going along with a religion that you probably disagree with.

It is a horrible feeling sitting at a meeting knowing that a lot of what they are telling you is total rubbish. Also when you are talking to witnesses, you will probably need to bite your tongue for the rest of your life.

Personally I would find that totally unacceptable, but obviously you have to decide. Good luck

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

It depends what your reasons are. I have made the experience. It is weird to say the least. I believed I had to do it, to clear myself of the guilt of my own mistake, and to have contact with my own family. I have made some comments in the threads below:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/202861/1/High-Profile-Case-Seeking-Reinstatement

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/202954/1/What-the-WT-requires-for-reinstatement

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/203516/1/For-those-who-have-been-reinstated-OR-elders-xelders-who-have-sat-in-on-meetings

Hopefully you find some answers in those threads. Good luck. Hoffnung

• Medina
    Medina

Its like peeing in your pants, in the beginning it is warm...

• bigmac
    bigmac

i could not possibly imagine,

the thought of it makes me feel ill

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

My friend says she feels like she is always being watched and is walking on eggshells all of the time.And god forbid that anyone sees her dozens of tattoos,even in hot weather.She had to do it so that her mum would be ablet o have her care for her.her mum is a double amputee!!!And the elders nixed her mum from ANY contact w/her df'd daughter unless she got reinstated...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit