How does it feel to be reinstated ?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones
    She had to do it so that her mum would be ablet o have her care for her.her mum is a double amputee!!!And the elders nixed her mum from ANY contact w/her df'd daughter unless she got reinstated...

God, that is sooooo sick, isn't it?

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

I just had to bring this old topic back .

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

hilarious!!

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

I wish I had not read this thread and Hoffnung story and the threads she posted.

I'm literally crying...I had no idea that people had to go through this ish to come back...and I was a born in JW.

I knew this religion was awful...but not to this degree.

My father is an elder and a liberal one. But I had no idea they are horrible like this. WOW!!!

...the next time my mom mentioned that my sister need to write a fricking reinstatement letter...I'm going to break my silence about speaking about the JW organization. I've said to her before that my sister don't need the fucking JW religion...she need to visit a Therapist.

No wonder most JW/exJW are so screwed up!!!! Now I understand why after I read an article on PTSD...I related to everyone one of the symptoms. God help us all who have suffered and continue to suffer because of this AWFUL RELIGION!!!

• Londo111
    Londo111

In truth, my life is little different than when I was disfellowshipped. I see my family on occasion, but as a previous poster mentioned, it is like walking on eggshells. My former best friend kept me at arm’s length. In fact, I only saw him once. His eggshell was explosive…when it rattled, he went off, and I haven’t heard from him since.

Some days I think reinstatement was a waste of time I will never get back. It’s less painful to keep away from JWs to the fullest extent possible. To do otherwise invites great pain.

Since I've never been baptized, DF'd or DA'd, I've never had the capacity to be "reinstated." However, if reinstatement meant that I would actually have to go back to the hall, I'd liken it to scrubbing your hemorrhoids with a wire brush and bleach. Not very enjoyable . . .

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was disfellowshipped once. It was very painful, I was young and in a bad marriage, and slept with amother man 2 Times. I felt horrible and told my husband and even though he was disfellowshipped, he called the elders. I wasn't really wanting to the JWs, I just made a huge mistake, but I guess I wasn't repentant enough, so they disfellowshipped me. It was a shock and it really hurt. I was by no means ready to give up my friends and family, so I ate crow and begged to get reinstated. The worse thing was, my husband said he forgave me and so if I wanted to get reinstated, I had to stay with him. It was a relief when I did get reinstated, I was very happy, but I always felt I had the big A on my chest and it's hard when everyone know your dirty secrets. And my husband never really forgave me, he threw it up in my face constantly. If I knew then what I know now I would have toughed out and never gone back to my husband or the religion. I stayed with that idiot for 28 years, what a stupid fool I was. I am happily married now, so it turned out OK in the end, but I wasted so many years being miserable because of this religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit