My Letter To the Watchtower

by AiAi 39 Replies latest jw friends

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Wait on Jehovah... the same argument could be applied to any religion. Wait on Mohammed, Wait on the pope. Wait until you die.

• HayDay
    HayDay

I've spoken to the Elders in my congregation about 1914 before. They just make you read the same old scripture "But master, who really is the faithful and discreet slave" And then they make you feel guilty for your doubts in the governing body, lastly they just say "the light gets brighter" and send you on your merry way...

• AiAi
    AiAi

I am sure you are all right that I should have made the letter shorter. But once I started it I just could not stop writing. It was all I could do to end it where I did and not go deeper into the subjects or bring up others. Since then I have wanted to write another concerning medical issues and the implications of people dieing from refusing organ transplants or other things that are now acceptable but cant get the same enthusiasm I had before. Now I know they cant answer.

Something that tied my hands writting this one is I had done little online research because I was too scared of you evil apostates. So I only used evedence from the WTLB (minus the millions now living) and no outside evidence or older magazines that could be dismissed away.

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

All very good points that they have no answers for. If people don't wake up after this new overlapping generation bullshit came out, they likely never will. It has to be the most ridiculous thing they have ever printed. I don't now how anyone could read or write this stuff and not just laugh. It's a joke and a bad one at that.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

awsome letter. How did you master the courage to send it and did you actually include your name and cong? If so, you might get a visit from the elders.

Good for you though. Hopefully someone with a brain read it and started to think.

• AiAi
    AiAi

Nobleheart I did include my name and congregation. I wouldnt say I was courages enough to send it, just stupid enough to do all that research and STILL send it lol. Luckily elders avoid my house now

Eiben Scrood I have to agree with generation point you made. In fact it seems so 'scrood' up that I barely skirted the subject, as I am sure you could tell.

• factfinder
    factfinder

AiAi- I wrote a letter for information to the society ( nowhere as detailed or good as yours) , they sent it to my cong and an elder told me the wts will NOT answer my letters and I should just return to meetings and fs and forget about getting answers to my questions. They did not think I was worthy of a personal answer from them.

• AiAi
    AiAi

They did not think I was worthy of a personal answer from them

Really? Did they have any excuse for that?

• factfinder
    factfinder

No! The elder said what I was asking about was not important. The society is too busy with important matters to take the time to personally answer me. ( Yet I had gotten responses from them years before.) They just brushed aside what I had written and told the elders to encourage me to become active in fs again and not miss any meetings. I felt insulted that the society did not feel I was important enough to be given a personal reply. The elder told me not to write to them again and to just come back to the meetings, which of course, I did not.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Brilliant letter which IMHO deserves a response but how can they truthfully answer it without admitting they were wrong. It would be like shooting themselves in the foot. They can never admit to being wrong even once because it would take away all their authority and power and all subsequent dates and doctrines could then be questioned by the rank and file. They have made themselves the Almighty because like Him, no-one is allowed to question their authority, if you do you will be kicked out and shunned. They are now God on earth. Salvation is through them and them alone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit