My Letter To the Watchtower

by AiAi 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

That is a real good letter!

You should make a million copies and air drop them all over the world!

well, maybe a light aircraft could target kingdom hall car parks during a meeting...

oz

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

AiAi - You have a PM

• acolytes
    acolytes

The " Watchtower" only exists in the false thinking of people.

Your letter was sent "the watchtoer" but read by a peson and the outcome you will never know.

My quess the person who read it has read many similar letters.

Acolytes

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

Great letter.

Doesn't surprise me you haven't had a reply, the WTS doesn't care about what is fact or how bogus their doctrines are. It's a publishing corporation it only cares about promoting it's product.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think Johnny probably has it in his big box of files.

But seriously, that is a well put together and clearly thought out letter. That they don't bother answering is a testament to the inadequacy of support for their doctrines. If they didn't control so many people we know and care about it might be humorous. Instead it is tragic and sad.

• designs
    designs

AiAi- based on my writing to the Writing Committee for over 20 years, and getting responses, you should have kept the Letter to two points max.

When a letter contains more than 3 issues it gets turned into a paperglider and gets zinged out the 2nd story window....just saying

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Excellent letter.

Another point worth asking is this (raised on another thread):

Can the WTS please answer the following question about the changed doctrine of the Governing Body representing the FDS.

In 1981 the Watchtower declared:

While alive on earth, Jesus’ faithful apostles were especially responsible for providing spiritual teaching for the “household of God.” Appointed ‘shepherds’ of the “flock,” as well as others, also had similar responsibility. However, the apostle Peter shows that such stewardship of divine truths actually was committed to all the ‘chosen ones.’ Hence, each respective member of the congregation made a contribution to the building up of the body. Thus we see a clear Scriptural basis for saying that all anointed followers of Christ Jesus make up God’s “servant,with Jesus as its Master. Accordingly, that servant, or “slave,” as a collective body provides spiritual food for all the individuals of this congregation, which make up the household of “domestics.” These individually benefit as recipients of that food. (March 1, 1981, pg 26).

After 28 years, new light "evidently" shone on God's organization to indicate that it is not, after all, the entire slave class that feeds the domestics, but a tiny representative body.

The Watchtower, June 15, 2009: "Are all these anointed ones throughout the earth part of a global network that is somehow involved in revealing new spiritual truths? No. Although as a composite body the slave class is responsible for feeding the spiritual household, not all individuals of the slave class have the same responsibilities or work assignments ... Similarly, today a limited number of anointed men have the responsibility of representing the slave class. They make up the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. These spirit-anointed men oversee the Kingdom work and the spiritual feeding program. As in the first century, though, the Governing Body does not consult with each individual member of the slave class before making decisions."

So in 1981 the task of feeding the "sheep" was that of the thousands of anointed all around the world. Today it is regarded as the task of seven men in Brooklyn. I have two questions:

(1) To whom was this revealed -- the entire slave class ... or a tiny representative body in Brooklyn?

(2) How was this revealed?

Good luck for the future. And keep on knocking.

• streets76
    streets76

Would not, then, the end of six millenniums of mankind's laborious enslavement under Satan the Devil be the fitting time for Jehovah God to usher in a Sabbath millennium for all his human creatures? Yes, indeed!

Don't you just know that Freddie had a mind-blowing orgasm when he wrote that sentence. "Yes, indeed!", indeed.

• designs
    designs

'I think therefore I am'

Fred, like many religious and spiritual persons, believe whole hog in the notion that if they get a new idea it had to come from God, they are so connected with the Divine where else could such brilliance come from

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Designs is right. I kept my lengthy letter to a single point, even though it took ten pages to get it all out. They replied roughly 6-8 months later with the typical, "Wait on Jehovah. Go back to meetings. Stop thinking so much, that's our job. Yours is to go out in service and suck it up."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit