My conversation and growing friendship with a 68 year old Witness (a victim of the '75 lie) Most older witnesses know something isnt 'right.'

by Joliette 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

Wow. It's amazing to see JWLifers like her wake up and question the koolaid. Awesome.

• flipper
    flipper

JOLIETTE- That is pretty cool that you've become a friend to this lady and that her eyes are opening up to the WT society's scams. I hope you can drop off some hints and info to her which might open her eyes further . Way to go ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Slightly tangent but I noticed that we all readily admit that there are "black congregations" "white congregations" and some "mixed congregations" but active JWs would fein shock at hearing that such things exist in their "united brotherhood."

Ha ha ha, good catch. I mean, really, heaven forbid that their 'united brotherhood' should in any way resemble those nasty churches of christendom.

• dogon
    dogon

Old vs young in the cult have different reasons for giving a pass to the things that are wrong. People who have invested all their life and time giving up putting any money aside for the future because they would be "throwing it in the streets" now have some 40 or 50 years invested and can not make up at this late date for all they did wrong. They have to live the lie or admit their whole life was a failure. The young many are just not developed in critical thinking skills and brain washed to challenge any ideas that do not make sense. Its a catch 22. The borg knows it and uses this to keep people in place. Its all about money and power. Some at the top may be so deluded like Limbaugh drinking his own kool-aid but many have to know what they are doing.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Dogon: Thank you, and thank you all, for your comments. So very true.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

garyneal - "...heaven forbid that their 'united brotherhood' should in any way resemble those nasty churches of christendom."

Yeah, that reminds me; another thing that helped with my fade was the realization (upon reading about Christianity's historical origins and Christendom's history) that the WTS...

A) ...was not created out of whole cloth, but, rather, had its origins in evangelical fundamentalist Protestantism...

B) ...for all its talk about the wickedness of Christendom, the WTS had yet to shed many significant trappings of Christendom.

That was a very significant moment for me.

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

She sounds just like my mom, who was anointed. She passed away 10 years ago.

HQ

• Joliette
    Joliette

Hiding in Question and Vidiot: Thanks for your comments.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I love 68 year olds...

Snoozy

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

That is so excellent that she is reasoning on this subject instead of just blindly following the WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit