My conversation and growing friendship with a 68 year old Witness (a victim of the '75 lie) Most older witnesses know something isnt 'right.'

by Joliette 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

((((((( SYL )))))))

that hug comes from a deep rooted understandin'

I think of the " Little Rock Nine" and " Brown vs the board of education"

getting a good education for us wasn't easy so why deny ourselves

for the WT or any other cult No one , no matter what race

should turn down a chance at a better educaton

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you guys for all your replies, very helpful!

Wasblind, you hit right on the bullseye. People should not miss out on getting a good education, but especially people of color, because at one point, people of color, and even women, were denied education.

• Joliette
    Joliette

lifeisshort: Thank you

Yes, that is true; all congregations have their issues.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Slightly tangent but I noticed that we all readily admit that there are "black congregations" "white congregations" and some "mixed congregations" but active JWs would fein shock at hearing that such things exist in their "united brotherhood."

• Joliette
    Joliette

How about this one:

I voted during the presidential primaries back in 2008, and my voter's card got mailed to my parents house. My parents started laughing. My dad gave me a sarcastic look, and my mom said something like: why would you vote for a president, you know thats wrong. Why is it wrong? Because Jesus said my kingdom is no part of the world. So therefore, were not suppose to vote. Thats some serious bibical misinterruptation right there. Jesus was not saying dont vote, he was saying that his kingdom was in heaven. I serioulsy think that Jesus and Jehovah knows that these countries, states, and cities need to be governed. And people died for my right to vote. I feel that it is my personal right to do so. No organization is going to tell me that I can't vote.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Joliette,

you just reminded me that, just about every right now granted to women

has been taken away from the sisters in this religion , the right to vote ,

and how this religion views further education. It's truly a step back in time for the women

• Joliette
    Joliette

Madsweeney: Its faaaaaar more common than I THOUGHT I knew. I remember hearing that as a little kid. So its kinda stuck with me. I also hear: Spanish congregation, Russian congregation, Hmong congregation, etc. But I think thats more about lanuagage, not about race. But I do understand what you are saying.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Wasblind: Couldnt agree with you more.

As a woman, there a lot about the hall that I didnt know. As a woman, theres only certain things that were allowed to know. Thats why I can no longer comment, go out in field service, etc. Why should I? I don't even know who writes the magazines. They didnt even reveal for years, who translated the NWT, and only ex and non JW knows who translated it. And I need a better answer, not 'The faithful and discreet slave.'

• Joliette
    Joliette

I shoulda added- Her husband is now deceased and was twenty years older than her. So he'd be in his upper 80's if he was living.

• clarity
    clarity

Joliette hi,

She said she knows that something is wrong with the organization, but now she's too old

Interesting post ... but to the "older sister" I have to say your'e never too old!

Truth is Truth and there is no time expiration on it.

If any old belief will get us to the goal, what was Jesus point in showing us the WAY?

Some, like your friend, use 'age' as an excuse. There are many on here a lot older than 68, who start to engage their minds, who begin again ... and become critical thinkers.

clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit