Do all religions think there's is the only true one?

by Snoozy 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Is there any religions out there that actually think that any religion is good as long as you worship?

Or do they all think the other religions are under the control of Satan/the Devil.

Funny, I knew that the JW's felt that way but never really thought about the other religions.

Is there any humble enough to admit they don't have all the truth and aren't any better than any other religion?

That's the one I want to join..

Snoozy

Can someone correct my spelling of there's to their's in the title?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The Episcopal Church would make you very happy then.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

In our Oasis discussion tonight, we discussed how no one has all the answers. Mystery can be a beautiful thing. Look up Universalism. There are Universalists in all religions, even closet ones at the kingdom halls. Look up Christian Universalism. You might find the story of Rev. Carlton Pearson fascinating.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Off the top of my head: Unitarian Universalists, Society of Friends (Quakers), most Buddhists, and the Bahai Faith. All explicitly encourage you to seek the wisdom of other paths. Some religions (particularly the first three listed here) are also quite welcoming of atheists and agnostics, on the grounds that questioning is a healthy experience and that you can believe in the concept of a uniting universal "force" or some kind without automatically having to believe in a deity.

• designs
    designs

Christianity is forced into that position by its Founder- 'I am the way and the truth and the light no one comes to the Father except through me', doesn't leave much wiggle room. Many modern Christian Denominations have had to break from their Founders position in order to embrace a universalist philosophy.

• Heaven
    Heaven

'I am the way and the truth and the light no one comes to the Father except through me',

I have often wondered whether Christ realized that he was creating an exclusive club by his words and if not, why not. They are not words that I would describe as loving and enlightened.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I have often wondered whether any of the word attributed to Jesus were actually his at all :)

• designs
    designs

Heaven-

You have hit the proverbial nail on the head. If the statement was actually said by Jesus he just shows the nature of a egocentric personality.

He not only tells people to go to Hell, he tells them he will send them there for not kissing his toes and worshiping him.

I remember sitting at a Special Assembly Day with David Splane as the speaker and after 1/2 hour it was obvious he was mentally unstable with the same egocentric personality disorder.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I attend the Unity Church. Here's what it says on their website under "About Us".... What is Unity? Unity is a positive, practical, progressive approach to Christianity based on the teachings of Jesus and the power of prayer. Unity honors the universal truths in all religions and respects each individual's right to choose a spiritual path. http://www.unity.org

• designs
    designs

PS- I appreciate the philosphy behind your Church Statement but you do realize 'Jesus' was decidedly against any other approach to Truth and God except for himself.

Groups and individuals keep trying to make 'Jesus' into something he was not, very curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit